Thursday, January 25, 2007

*yawn*

Greetings from Austin, Texas. I got home from Philadelphia on Tuesday and went straight to school, and then straight to the gym, and straight home to bed. Wednesday I drove to Tyler to pick up Brad. We drove back to Dallas and got stuck in some horrendous 5 o'clock traffic... total time spent in car, 5 hours. We ate Food from Galilee with Deron, and then went to The Trin with a whole mess of people, including the Johnsons, the Blackmans, a Busboom, Charlie, and another couple of guys I didn't really know. Friday morning Brad and I ran errands (Target, gas, bank, bead store, Whole Foods) and had sushi, and drove to Austin, where we got stuck in some horrendous 5 o'clock traffic. Total time spent in car... 4 hours. You'd think I'd make better travel plans. Anyway, we got a drink with a couple of his college friends, and then I met Justin (heeeeeeey, Cousin) and his roommate for some amazing Mexican food and a beer at a Johnny Cash-themed bar called The Mean-Eyed Cat. Today I'm finishing up some paperwork and some schoolwork and we're going to keep Austin weird tonight. Tomorrow is brunch at The Moonshine Patio and I have to get back to Dallas (hopeful time spent in car... 3 hours?) in order to do my laundry before I leave on Sunday for back-to-back shows in northern California.

I'll be home on the 6th. I'm sorry I've been neglecting everyone lately (*clears throat*... Krysten) but I hope to get some time this week in Santa Clara to catch up on some e-mails and blogs. Oh, and in other news, I got a pet. His name is Hamlet. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I get back home.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Tom said...

Oh, I can't wait for this picture. I hope I'm eating when you post it.

And re: "you'd think I'd make better travel plans"... did you not learn your lesson when you scheduled a 6:00 train on a Friday night from Penn Station??? ;-)

January 26, 2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger krysten said...

*looks around*

me??

am i the only one still checking your blog several times a day in the hopes that you have something entertaining to read??

damn statcounter.

January 26, 2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger krysten said...

also, i imagine your pet being a cutout of an animal that you've glued to a popsicle stick...

am i close??

January 26, 2007 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Tom said...

Nope! I check it several times a day myself! Thank god for this entry, or I'd have nothing to occupy my time today!

:-)

January 26, 2007 1:52 PM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

dude, I haven't looked at my statcounter in weeks. No, I have just been thinking about you and how I have not been e-mailing you. That's all.

January 26, 2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

and no, you are not remotely close on the pet front.

January 26, 2007 2:32 PM  
Anonymous julia said...

does it live in the water or out of the water? does the species start with the same first letters as its name?

January 26, 2007 2:57 PM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

Ummmm, no water and no. Yay, a game!

January 26, 2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger krysten said...

whew! glad at least tom's with me there, haha!

hmmmm...well, i have no idea about the pet thing. is it amphibious?

i mean it CANT be a typical dog/cat/ferret/hamster pet bc you're not home enough to properly care for something like that....and not a fish, which would be one that you could plop in one of those daily feeder things...so my next thought would be something like a newt or turtle...or a spider! cool! (although a spider doesnt really seem you're type of pet).

oh wait. is it a plant??

January 27, 2007 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Tom said...

I am SOOOOOO enjoying this........

January 27, 2007 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Al said...

I think it must be a dead goat or pig or something like that.

January 28, 2007 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home