Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year~

I think I'm going to die. Seriously. The cold is dragging and dragging and my throat hurts worse every day, and then I today, on top of my (minor) hangover, I had this brilliant idea to make my peas and cornbread into fritters? But I didn't have any vegetable oil, so I fried them in olive oil. Like, an entire bottle of it. And I have been balled up in the fetal position ever since. Erin didn't feel good either. I think Bill and Nathan were OK, but I'm pretty sure that I should never cook again.

New Year's Resolutions: go to church at least (at least) once a month, and stop cursing so much. I am an educated lady, after all. Surely I can come up with a word for every situation. And OK, I'm reprising the New Year meme. The first sentence from the first post of each month in 2006:

January 1, 2006: Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind...? What does this song mean? For my whole life, I don't know what this song means.

February 1, 2006: Today is my day off.

March 1, 2006: Ok, it is 90 degrees, y'all. NINETY.

April 3, 2006: I have a really long list of things to do, but due to the incredibly sore muscles, the excruciating sunburn, and the fact that the A/C is still not on at Chalet J... I just want to lie around.

May 1, 2006: I know I'm always damn-the-man-save-the-empire about Starbucks-- and I stick to my crappy over-priced coffee opinion-- but sometimes when I'm traveling, I have slim to zero choices in the non-starbucks coffee genre, and since I'd rather pull my eyeballs out that go without, meet my new obsession.

June 3, 2006: Congrats, Genevieve, you were my statcounter's 10,000 hit!

July 2, 2006: I had a pretty stressful day yesterday... my phone is broken: first it stopped ringing, but it was still vibrating, and now it's not doing either.

August 1, 2006: *appropriate air guitar here*

September 2, 2006: I didn't have any plans last night until about 3:30pm.

October 1, 2006: Seems like the entire pop culture world is embracing the expletive "frak" these days.

November 1, 2006: Ohmigah! I just met the White House Deputy to the Associate Director for Science!!

December 2, 2006: This morning I woke up early to do some schoolwork, and then Charlie came over to help me with my brakes (ibym "help me with"... "do while I watched"), and then I decided to tackle my Christmas tree. No, not like that.

There you have it. My year in review. Insert something winsome and profound about your coming year... I can't be bothered to be wise right now. I need another ginger ale.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR RIGHT BACK ATCHA!

Sorry you still feel crap-- uh... LOUSY. Frakkin' colds... (Frakkin' doesn't count, does it?)

XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

That'll learn you to drink to excess. Our New Year's Eve triumph was lasting longer than either Justin or Julia. Had a way-too-expensive dinner at Tommy Bahama's, then went to Rew & Debbie's house, where Rew and I played with fire (burning wood in the chiminea) and Debbie & Sandy talked about our children. Then we began playing RummiKub around 10:30, and couldn't stop until 3. We're waaay too old for that stuff, but slept until 10 and managed to make 10:30 last night.

Hope you get well soon.

krysten said...

Happy New Year, dear. :) sorry you felt yucky...we went to bed at like 10:30pm new years eve, haha! what sticks in the mud, right? but we're all so worn out from all the visitors, whew!

hope you had fun. :)

iamchanelle said...

awww, feel better soon jamie. :(

and happy new year!
HUGS!
cr

Loretta said...

year in review -- loads of fun to read. my new year: a round of toasts, with the fam, of sparkling grape juice at about 12:06 because it took us awhile to get that the ball drops in eastern time, not central, and then off to bed.