Friday, March 16, 2007

Top o' the Mornin' to yeh!

Well, the big, bad migraine has finally passed. It passed with the help of a FOUR-PART injection: 2 shots in each hip. Um.... ouch. I got 2 steroids (depo and dexamethasone), reglan, and my personal favorite, toradol. It took several hours to kick in, but I feel quite lovely now. Am am WIDE AWAKE.

I went for sushi with Madge and Dave, and then we watched Marie Antoinette. I'm not a huge fan of Kirsten Dunst but she was surprisingly quite good. It had less plot and more character study, which I don't always love, but I liked this film a lot. I downloaded the soundtrack when I got home.

Aaand, tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day!!! (And the day before Krysten's birthday, natch.) Mine will involve brunch with the gang, green beer whiskey, Aggie football, and The Departed, Waking Ned Devine, The Committments, and/or some other Irish-themed movies. I will require O'Scottie and Ree-an, per our annual agreement, to speak in an Irish accent all day.

Oh, on the Colbert Report last night, he said that genetic scientists are now saying that England and Ireland have been populated with "the same people" for well over a thousand years, meaning the greatest Irish pride -- other than Notre Dame, I'm talking about their pride in not being English -- is kind of a moot point. Umm... *snort*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of facing the ire of you and your readers, might I point out that you posted this at 1:23 a.m., meaning your comment about tomorrow being St. Patrick's Day is incorrect. I now it's your blog, and you can make it whatever day you wish, but I had to point out your error.

And extra points for the St. Paddy's Day use of the word "ire" in my first sentence.

Anonymous said...

Faith and begorrah, that should have read "know," not "now." Must be the whiskey.

krysten said...

May God bring good health to your enemies' enemies.

;-)

and now, i'll break out my irish music and my brogue...

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Migraine's gone!! WOO HOO!!!! Just in time for whiskey time!!!