Monday, February 12, 2007

my weekend

My weekend was a fun one, for the most part. Friday I went to Madison & Dave's and we made chili and just sat around and caught up. It's nice to do normal things with my friends, and not feel like it's been so long since I've seen them that every meeting has to be a special event. Sandy came down Saturday morning and we met Madge for 90 minutes of excruciating yoga, and we saw a giant!! Seriously, he was at least, no embellishing, 7' tall. We took Madge home and had brunch at Dream Cafe where I swear, that giant followed us! I thought it might have been a different giant, but Sandy wisely stated that it was a 2-block radius: how many giants could there be?

We watched a horrible, horrible movie (as Tom would say, I could have written that script in my sleep) and the entire first season of Entourage, a Christmas present from Sir Justin, and I have to say... it kind of made me hate Hollywood. And men. After she left I caught up on 3 hours of Jack Bauer and 3 hours of Jack Daniels... oops. That's a lot of Jack. BOTH Jacks. I also got to catch up with an old friend on the phone who I haven't talked to in a while, so that part was great.

Sunday, the remains of Jack, the latter, caught up with me and I was sick ALL DAY. Seriously, I'm getting old because I didn't drink that much, but I know it wasn't the food because Sandy was fine. Man oh MAN, it was bad. Bill brought me some ginger ale and after a grand total of 1 sick session and 2 dry-heaving sessions, I finally got it all out and passed out on the couch. I did manage to watch BSG though and it was a nice stand-alone Helo-centric episode. I love Helo. He's 10 feet tall and bulletproof, but a big ole softie underneath his armor, and seriously, he can just never catch a break.

Today is my last day at home. *sigh* I have to go to the bank and to Best Buy, and pay some bills and do some laundry, and pack, for tomorrow I leave. I have a lab test at school and then straight to the airport for New York City. Yay!

7 comments:

krysten said...

SEE?!?! that crap just sneaks up on you! fine...fine...fine...then BAM, you're dying. i'm convinced it's the JD. girls like us need to stick with vodka.

sorry to hear about that though. i can literally say...i know how you felt. ugh.

hello jamie: said...

It's Jack Bauer in liquid form!!

krysten said...

haha, yeah, and i canNOT hang.

Anonymous said...

Wimps...

:-)

krysten said...

yes, i bow down to you in this arena, dear tom...but i'm willing to bet there's something out there that is YOUR nemesis as well...

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've already got Republicans and Evangelicals on my ass for what's in my DNA alone! I've got enough nemeses... let me have my whiskey, damn it!! :-)

But seriously... don't even hang out with me on tequila. It's bad. Puts both your bad nights to shame. (Ask Jamie about the night we met! ;-))

krysten said...

oh yes, i remember there being a quote on here about that...something about being "good to finally meet you, and now if you'll excuse me i have some tequila to throw up now"...

haha!