Saturday, February 17, 2007

second breakfast

You know what the downside to going to work at 6am is? Well, besides the obvious going to work at 6am... it's that I have to eat breakfast twice. It's almost 10am and I've been working my ass off for almost 4 hours now. My normal healthy breakfast of soy latte, dried apricots, and a Luna bar is just not going to last me until lunch. I'm about to die of starvation right here at the service desk.

My Thursday and Friday were both kind of crappy. So far Saturday is better, despite being up for 5 hours already. I came in super-early before my workers started, and knocked out a HUGE load of paperwork. I feel so much better about the day now (or I will, as soon as I eat again).

I've been super emotionally needy this week, for some reason, and I want the three of you who have dealt with it (and quite adeptly, I might add) to know that I appreciate it! One of you will probably walk over here after you read this and give me a hard time. :) Which is cool; I deserve it. If you do, will you bring me something to eat?

Edited to add: I didn't get to eat until 1:30pm. And it was a sandwich from Starbuck's that an exhibitor brought to me because she felt sorry for me. Bah! Plus, it was chicken salad, and I haven't had much meat lately, so now my tummy hurts. *sad face*

1 comment:

krysten said...

i've been super needy lately too, i think it has to do with the fact that i've been sick for so long. i'm just worn out, and i can't imagine having to deal with a day by myself anymore.

*hugs*