Monday, February 26, 2007

Name-that-Movie

OK, so, my friend Tom is writing a treatment for a made-for-TV movie about an internet predator. We were batting around really horrid MOW-worthy titles for it like "Instant Message: Fear" and "Preda-dater" and I decided to hold a contest here at No Day but Today. I bet you guys will have some great ideas.

It's about this tough, take-no-prisoners network TV journalist (is there any other kind?) who hosts a show like "To Catch a Predator." She's going through a messy divorce and her teenage daughter is rebelling, natch, and befriends an internet predator just released from prison (put there, of course, by her mom's show). But then, the predator dies, so who is she talking to? Is it the high school date rapist? Her dad, looking to make Mom look bad so he can get custody? The guidance counselor? Her mom's boss? Or... is the predator still alive?

I leave the floor open~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it a coincidence that with a little space, therapist becomes the rapist?

Working on my title.

Anonymous said...

I'm both an analyst and a therapist. Here, let me give you my card:

Tobias Funke -- Analrapist

:-)

hello jamie: said...

THAT's EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA~

"The world's first analrapist, if you will."

Anonymous said...

What's amazing is how many people I talked to who referenced the Arrested Development analrapist bit. That show was so stinkin' funny. Why did it have to go? Why?