Tuesday, February 20, 2007

because sometimes a post bears repeating:

The sun has left and forgotten me,
It's dark, I cannot see.
Why does this rain pour down,
I'm gonna drown in a sea,
Of deep confusion.
Somebody told me, I don't know who,
Whenever you are sad and blue,
And you're feelin' all alone and left behind,
Just take a look inside and you will find:

You gotta hold on, hold on through the night
Hang on, things will be all right
Even when it's dark, and not a bit of sparkling,
Sing-song sunshine from above,
Spreading rays of sunny love.
Just hang on, hang on to the vine--
Stay on, soon you'll be divine.
If you start to cry, look up to the sky:
Something's coming up ahead
To turn your tears to dew instead

And so I hold on to this advice:
When change is hard and not so nice,
You listen to your heart the whole night through
Your sunny someday will come one day soon to you.

7 comments:

KirFect said...

Did you write that??

ps I have a blog!

hello jamie: said...

laws, no, Kir, it's just a song I like. Isn't the thought of sunny somedays just thrilling?

I'm glad to see you in the blogosphere!! *hugs*

KirFect said...

:: Blushes:::

I am excited for the spring even more that there is a foot of snow on the ground.

Anonymous said...

Well, that was a downer... :-)

krysten said...

dude, for REAL. i'm going to jump off a bridge now.

sorry brad and i are having surgery instead of me coming to your house. i feel like we need to have a drink (or six) together.

"the sun'll come out tomorrow; so ya gotta hang on till tomorrow - come what maaaaaaaaay!"

also: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

*giggles and begins fast forwarding DVR to that scene again*

hello jamie: said...

dudes, this song is a HAPPY song!! What's wrong with you guys?

I worked from 8am yesterday until 4:30am this morning. No, seriously. At one point I actually cried from sheer exhaustion.

But I'm home now and have soup and wine and the couch. I'm sorry you're having surgery, too... but YES on the drink or six! Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

i think unless they can hear the light-hearted music that accompanies the lyrics, it might not read happy. . . but it totally is!!!!