Saturday, December 02, 2006

lights schmights

This morning I woke up early to do some schoolwork, and then Charlie came over to help me with my brakes (ibym "help me with"... "do while I watched"), and then I decided to tackle my Christmas tree. No, not like that.

Dude, what a beating. A) it's a little bit pathetic to do it alone- I mean, Christmas is all about friends and family and love and Jesus, B) it's just a BEATING. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love love LOVE Christmas. But oh, for a pre-lit tree! Maybe I'll get one on sale after the holidays and keep it for next year.

I had to go out twice for more lights. Partly because mine were almost 10 years old and there were so many bulbs burnt out that it was ridiculous for me not to just spend $2 a strand for some new ones, but mostly because I'm a moron and estimated incorrectly. My hands are all scratched up and raw from the tree needles, and as I was carrying my broken lights and trash to the garbage, the bag broke through the bottom. GRRR! It took forever. Seriously, like, 3 hours. I'm too beat down to even think about ornaments tonight. I'll finish up tomorrow.

So, when we were at the auto parts store this afternoon, their credit card machine was broken or something, and while we stood there waiting (and waiting... and waiting) for it to go through, the walking cliche behind the counter was chit chatting with us about ... well, I have no idea, actually. Finally I left to get some cash since his machine wasn't doing anything. When I came back, I handed him $51 (the total was $50.41). He asked me if I had a penny. Negative. He fumbled around trying to figure out how much he owed me, and I said "59 cents." He looked at Charlie and said "man, you gotta look out for these women today. They're so good with money now!" He wasn't being ugly; in fact, he seemed to be a kind and gentle old man, but good grief, he might as well have said "Huh?! Girls can count??"

I am all caught up on television. There's a new show on TBS called "My Boys" that I really liked - it's like Sex & the City but younger, and with baseball. I watched the most recent 3 episodes of Dr. Who last night. I was extremely wary of Christopher Eccleston leaving because I liked him as The Doctor oh-so-much, but David Tennant was won me over. He is totally my new boyfriend. Don't tell TJ Thyne. PLUS, Eccleston is going to be a HERO come January. Whoooop!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is something I can say because I'm married and no one cares when I say stuff like this. That Charlie, what a cutie.
I find some of his taste in music to be questionable at best, but that is because I am a snob. And who cares when he looks so cute with his guitar? Hmmm? Not me.

And that is my creepy internet stalking moment of the day for Monday December 4th.

<3 delicious dish

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to wake up in a foreign country and see a new blog waiting for me.

But where-oh-where is my pterodactyl reference?!?!?!?!

Miss you, America... and Jamie most of all! :-)

TENNANT LOVERS UNITE!!!!

xoxo --t--

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE the new design.

It's so merry and bright!

Charlie Roch said...

whoa !!! It's all Christmassy up in here and I have an internet stalker !

At least, I did on December 4th.

Um... I kinda like the new colors ! w00t.

Also, thanks for the props and the burger !