Thursday, December 14, 2006

Today was a pretty awesome day. I slept until about 9, and then moved straight to the couch with my coffee and my mushroom-swiss omelette for Take Me Out to the Ballgame with Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. And Esther Williams. It was pretty good. Then I had to go up to the Highland Park Town Hall to take care of my tickets, and got to watch a judge hear a defendent, a city lawyer, and a witness, all for a traffic violation (speeding in a construction zone with workers present). Surprisingly, the speeder won (Judge saying it was the first time he'd ever ruled that way) because the dude lived IN the construction zone and there was no sign saying where the zone ended, or something. And the workers were behind him when he was stopped. His honor sadly did not say "My name is Judge." They dismissed the insurance one but I had to pay $118 for my inspection being more than 60 days expired. Oof.

It was a lovely day, so I walked to and from the courthouse in lieu of going to the gym. It was nice; warm, even. Then I got gas, finished my Christmas shopping, and went to Borders, where, with a 30% off coupon, a 20% off personal shopping day, $23.80 in Holiday Rewards cash, and a gift card from my boss, I got 3 Christmas dvds for completely free. ROCK. I got White Christmas, Christmas in Connecticut, and Elf. In the immortal words of Ryan Busboom, free is better than not free. Free makes me smile. "Smiling's my favorite!"

OH!! And I made an "A" in Anatomy & Physiology!

I'm leaving tomorrow for a weekend in East Texas. A weekend in a single-wide trailer with no internet access and quite possibly no cell phone access. A weekend in which my entertainment shall be shooting cans off a wooden-slat fence with my pistol. Seriously. It's pretty rad. And so is my stepmom's homemade bread pudding.

So, y'all be sweet while I'm gone. Kisses!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to Barry's house? Oh wait, you said East Texas, not Montgomery County. And his may be a double-wide. Nevermind. Have fun, and practice safe shooting.

(Don't we have interesting relatives? Whom we hope don't read this blog?)

krysten said...

inspired by you, i recorded Singin' in the Rain on my DVR...maybe sometime when i'm NOT frantically making Christmas gifts, i'll be able to watch it, hah!

hey, i got a similar rockin' deal with Bucks Back Rewards from my Old Navy card...i mean, not for FREE, but i got four things for the price of HALF of one of them! score!

hooray for the A!!! i guess all that Thanksgiving drinking didnt affect your test that much after all. *wink*

OMG, that just reminded me that i need to send you your BSG DVDs with your christmas presents!!! wouldnt that have sucked of me...gah.

i'm "blocking" your gift now...and it will be picked up tomorrow. :)

hello jamie: said...

*scurries to look up "blocking"*

ok, I just read a whole article on it and I still have no idea.

I hope you didn't record a SitR with commercials. My favorite dance number is "Moses Supposes."

Where are you in BSG?

And Uncle, your parenthetical query garnered a very loud "HA!" from me.

krysten said...

*frets* i probably did...it was from the TCM channel...do they have commercials?

blocking is just wetting and drying the item in such a way that it holds its shape. sometimes you pin it to a towel (in the case of snowflakes for example). but for yours, i'd just recommend hand washing and then laying flat to dry. no biggie.

Anonymous said...

Moses
supposes
His toes
are roses
but Moses supposes
erroneously!

<3 Delicious Dish

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU ALREADY, JAMIE!!!!!!!!!!