Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What I Gave/Received, Pt 1

I looooove buying presents. I hate the physical act of shopping, but I love picking out things for the people I love, and Christmas is the time of year I most yearn for extra money, because I tend to go overboard. But it really makes me happy to give. (Also, receiving is pretty cool.)

So, this weekend I went to Nacogdoches and Houston, and had 2 rounds of "Christmas" with my various family members. Here is what I gave:
  • to my dad: a fish-cleaning knife set, a Dallas Cowboys christmas ornament, Firefly- the complete series on DVD, a 6-pack of various beers from World Market, some new work gloves, and a Sudoku book.
  • to my step-mom: a windchime, a picture frame, and a nice bottle of Portugese wine.
  • to my sister Carrie: The Time-Traveler's Wife.
  • to my brother-in-law Jerry: The Short History of Nearly Everything.
  • to my Uncle Al: two Apple books, iWoz- Steve Wozniak's autibiography, and The Perfect Thing: How the iPod Shuffles Commerce, Culture, and Coolness.
  • to Jule: this shirt and the BBC mini-series Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth, which she already had so will be exchanging it for something else
I have also sent two shirts to Tom (the one I gave Jule and this one). People I have gifts for who have not yet received them, because I am lazy: Kiddo, Krysten (and Bryce), Bill, and Erin.

OK, and here's what I got:
And I came home from my travels to two presents on my doorstep!! Kiddo sent me an awesome orange Batgirl shirt, which I am wearing tomorrow, and Krysten sent me a flask, which I totally needed, natch, and a Krysten Original Scarf. It's frakkin' amazing. On one side it looks like this*:



Which is awesome in and of itself, right? But then, on the other side, it looks like this*:



WHOOOOOP! How cool is that?? I am so blown away by her craftiness. And also, I love skulls!

*pictures taken with new camera. Rad.

So, there you have it. First round of What I Gave/Received, 2006. More to come when I get back from Ohio. I will miss the internet, and you, dear readers. New Year's Resolutions coming soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krysten?

Are you serious?

(Is she serious?)

SOMEONE GET THIS GIRL A VACATION...STAT!

krysten said...

no, no, no, no, noooooooo.

girl, seriously. it gets better.

thats not the way the scarf works.

i'm going to upload the right pics to my blog.......

krysten said...

alright, it's up.

Tom, go be MORE convinced i need to get out of the house, haha!

Anonymous said...

I went. I commented. I'm a little shell-shocked. :-)

krysten said...

i do my best. hee!