Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy Scottie-San's Birthday!!!!!

First things first, happy 32nd to my dear friend Scottie-san, who is smart, funny, and filled to the rim with ZAH. As I'm sitting in an airport away from my trust lil' hard drive, Sparky, I don't have a picture to post. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow. I'm hoping madly to get back to Dallas in time to attend Scottie-san's birthday party. I've been at every one since 2002. I might be the only person who can say that. Besides Scott, that is. Anyway, happy birthday, Scotticus. You are one kool dood.

Next, I have been S-I-C-K for the past 3 days. Fever, snot, sore throat, all of the above. Just plain gross. I'm exhausted and hopped up on non-drowsy Advil Cold & Sinus, which should keep me running for a while. My mom and I watched THE ENTIRE SIXTH SEASON of Gilmore Girls. Six episodes on Tuesday and 16 on Wednesday. Yes. Sixteen. In one day. Are you feeling awe or pity? It's a toss-up. Anyway, as always, the Gilmores were fully of wacky, zany phrases and tons of pop culture zings. In addition to the now-famous "Hurry up, Lorelai, I'm meeting Bill Chandler at the club!" and Lorelai's "frakkin' Celine Dion!!," season 6 also brought us Rory calling her grandmother a Cylon!!! Brilliant.

The 'rents and I watched this awesome special on the History Channel about planet-wide death threats (ie: threats that will end humanity completely). They are, apparently, in ascending order by chance of occurence: gamma rays (nearby dying star), black hole, super volcano, artificial intelligence taking us over, meteor hitting the earth, nuclear war, biological pandemic, and global warming). It was really interesting and super creepy. And it's showing three more times before the end of the month, so check it out.

Anyway, the creepiest one I thought was the meteor hitting the earth one. Apparently there is a meteor out there that is going to come so close to us on Friday, April 13, 2029, that it will go between us and our satellite communication tools, and will most certainly hit us 7 years later, on April 13, 2036, unless we build some sort of ship to "force" it out of its orbit. The ship hasn't been built yet. It doesn't even have blueprints yet. It's just sort of a vague idea. Like, hey, we THINK we can keep it from hitting the earth. Um, hello? That's like, 20 years away. And if it hits the ocean (what, 70% chance?), it will cause MILES-HIGH tsunamis. I was totally freaked out.

I've got to board my plane. See you on the flip side~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks Jamie. Happy New Year to you too. See you in hell in twenty years. (I'll make sure to stake out a good corner by the bar. Far away from Evangelical Republican warmongers. I may have to burn in hell, but I'll only do it with the cool Republicans.)

:-)

krysten said...

oh Tom...

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee... I e-mailed Jamie after I watched the same documentary last night. Dude... I'll NEVER sleep again. Crikey!

hello jamie: said...

Is it the same one? Mine didn't have Matt Lauer...

Anonymous said...

Really? I saw a documentary with Lauer called "Countdown to Doomsday" that had the EXACT same ways the world will end in the same order. I even checked it against your blog.


I wonder if they were competing documentaries?