Tuesday, December 12, 2006

school's out!!

I am d-o-n-e with finals, folks!!! Whew!!! I won't get my grades for a few days, but for now I can focus on the important things my time off has to offer, like sloth and gluttony rest and nourishment.

I was listening to NPR on the way home from school... have you guys heard of this Complaints Choir? It started in Birmingham (England, not Alabama) and is now also in Helsinki, Hamburg, and St. Petersburg. The premise is an open invitiation to complain about whatever you want, with your fellows whiners and gripers, in song. Wha? In the wha??? Because complaining is a universal commonality or something. Apparently they have written music about everything from slow computers to the price of beer. People seem to flock to these productions, although fittingly, they are complaining about the quality of the music. You can watch Birmingham's and Helsinki's on YouTube. Amazing.

2 comments:

krysten said...

singing your complaints is just a front to pretend like you aren't really THAT big of a complainer.

that's why I do it anyway...

Anonymous said...

Man, Birmingham may be the original, but Helsinki has taken it to another level. Much better musically, lyrically, and a broader age group represented. It seemed everyone in B-ham's choir was shy of 30, well shy for most... I'm sure they'll get better with time and more life experience to complain about.