Wednesday, December 06, 2006

what a charade!

Quite possibly the cutest meet-cute in all the meet-cutes that ever were met:

Peter Joshua: Do we know each other?
Regina Lampert: Why, do you think we're going to?
Peter: I don't know; how would I know?
Regina: Because I already know an awful lot of people and until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else.
Peter: Well, if anyone goes on the critical list, let me know. --walks off--
Regina: Quitter!

TCM is have a Stanley Donen-athon. I just finished Funny Face and now am thoroughly enjoying Charade. Anchors Aweigh is next- possibly my all-time #2 favorite Gene Kelly vehicle (although not directed or choreographed by Donen so I'm not sure why it's in the line-up, but I'm not complaining). If you can't name #1, then you're voted off the island.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

That is the cutest meet cute!

Anonymous said...

1) Are we on an island? Is it tropical? Can I be the once who gets to run back to the mainland from time to time for supplies and the latest DVDs?
2) C'mon, J, I don't have a clue. Ask us again...once more, with feeling!

Charlie Roch said...

Who has blue eyes, who has brown eyes, and is there a guru ?!

These are important questions if I'm on an island !

*flips out*

krysten said...

*frets*

i don't understand a word of this post.

*goes back to watching The Little Einsteins*

Anonymous said...

is it the same as my #1 favorite? if so, then it's "Singin' in the Rain" :)

hello jamie: said...

And the prize goes to Julia, my darling and brilliant cousin - Jamie's Favorite Gene Kelly movie of all time is Singin' in the Rain.

I wonder if I could watch it while making flashcards???

The Bagboy said...

Ah man, I was totally gonna guess Xanadu.

hello jamie: said...

oh, and probably only Julia cares about this nugget of information, but Stanley Donan was the assistant choreographer for the "Jerry the Mouse" sequence in "Anchors Aweigh," which is why it was included in the Donen line-up.

He also said that they really, really wanted it to be Mickey, but in a meeting between Donen and Walt Disney himself, Disney said no way, no how, so they got Jerry from Hannah-Barbera (MGM) and then the movie was a smashing success. I bet Disney was kicking himself (not that it apparently ever hurt him to say no to anyone).

Kinda like that ET M&Ms/Reese's thing.

Thus endeth your entertainment-product placement lesson for today. *bow*

And yes, I am really studying for my finals; I promise.

Anonymous said...

I did like that nugget of information! Thanks girl and study hard!!!