Thursday, November 30, 2006

Nov 30, the first day of winter

... and it did not stop at fall, yo. Yesterday it was in the high 70s. It is currently 32 and still dropping. There's currently even a "wintry mix" a-falling. (That's the technical term for ice/rain/sleet/snow.) Wha? in the wha??? I guess I'll have to get out my coats and turn on the thermostat now. 'Twould be oh-so-helpful if my door didn't still have a rag stuffed in the peep hole hole. *glowers* The best part? That little ray of outside- which was the reason I asked Esther to have the weather stripping replaced, which is what spawned this whole new door business? Well, it's still there. Like, he replaced the entire door, inconvenienced me for two days, and still didn't fix the actual problem.

So, I have one of those stemware racks that hangs your wine glasses upside down underneath the cabinet, you know? Well, last night, I was making a cup of tea, just standing there, minding my own business, stirring my tea, a good 2-3 feet away from the glass rack, and one of my favorite wine glasses just fell off. More like lept off. My wine glass committed suicide and I cut my hand while I was cleaning it up. Seriously. I need to go out and start practicing random acts of kindness in mad hope that I can turn my karma around.

3 comments:

krysten said...

dude, you are not lyin'...it was 28, TWENTY-EIGHT here. and if you remember, it was like mid 70s when you were here. i think it has warmed up to upper 30s now, but is supposed to freeze again tonight.

sorry about the wine glass...at least it wasn't your computer though, hah!

and seriously. a threshold is like ten bucks at homedepot... i bet you could just replace it and take it out of your rent for that month. brad and i lived in an apt in Baton Rouge that let us do things like that. if it's an all-wood threshold, try unscrewing the screws in it to raise that side, could be an easy fix. if its rubber, then just go replace it.

Kelly said...

I put weather stripping on my door. It was really easy. I believe in you!

And have you taken into consideration that either your apartment hates you or is acting out because you are away so much? Like of like a dog. At least your apartment hasn't poohed in you favorite shoes. Yet.

Anonymous said...

It has been only 6 here in Oregon. I dug out my winter coat at the begin of Nov.

Headline: Wine Glass Dies Unexpectedly Wounding Women In Its Death Throws.

Random act of kindness. I always leave my extra change in the vending machine. Bring someone coffee.