Saturday, November 04, 2006

Speedy Hawkins

Soooo, I landed at noon. Got my car out of remote parking, drove home, unpacked, sorted through my mail, went to the grocery store, cleaned my ceiling fan, worked out*, showered, and am in my pj's with a glass of wine. It's 4pm.

*it was a very short workout.

I am soooo glad to be home! I love Philadelphia but Texas is home. My Saturday night will consist of television, Entertainment Weekly, tomato soup, and sleep. Tomorrow and Monday are study days; Tuesday is test day, and Wednesday is laundry and packing day. I leave for Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday. Hopefully I will squeeze some socializing in there as well.

Today's "how do you know that?" factoid is this: Texas is the only state that has 3 cities with populations that exceed 1 million (Houston, Dallas, San Antonio). All three of them are in America's top 10, and Dallas is the nation's largest inland metropolitan area-- its ties to the oil and cotton industries, as well as its position along numerous railroad lines, made it a thriving business center despite no direct link to the sea.

This post was brought to you by the letter "T" and Shinerbock beers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With our proximity to the border, I forsee Texas getting another city in the top ten. Over 60% of the Dallas I.S.D is Hispanic, and 30% are non-english speaking. I'm all for anyone being able to live in the country of their choosing, because that's how we all got here unless you're Native American, but I do not want to see Dallas getting into a population problem like Mexico City. This goes along with the fact that I think the world is over populated already.

Having said that, glad to see you're home Jamie