Wednesday, November 08, 2006

what is Jamie's favorite game show?

I don't think it should be a surprise to anyone who knows me (or reads my blog) that my all-time favorite game show is Jeopardy! (On a side note, Trebek, lay of the Botox. You look like an alien.) It also shouldn't surprise you that my favorite part of the year is Celebrity Jeopardy. (Or that Celebrity Jeopardy is still my all-time favorite skit on SNL. "Your answer? Threeeve. And you wagered? TEXAS.") I'm not going to lie - I partially like it because the questions are easier and it makes me feel intellectually superior to the actors. But still, it's like Entertainment Weekly meets The Mensa Bulletin - and trust me, if they melded into one big magazine, well, it would be the coolest magazine... ever. Remember when David Duchovny and Stephen King duked it out to the end? Awesome.

Well, Celebrity Jeopardy starts today, my friends, with not a stellar, but a pretty good line-up. Some will be there just for humor (Carson Kressley, Drew Lachey, Mario Cantone), but some I think are going to kick some ass and all I have to say is The US Secretary of Education?? She's probably got a leg up on the competition. And REGIS, former host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Well, that just seems like cheating. Others faves of mine include Jane Kaczmarek, Michael McKean, and Bebe Neuwirth. I'm so excited I could pee my pants.

Now onto my day, which includes homework, 5 loads of laundry, dusting, vaccumming, mopping, scrubbing the shower door, and of course, watching Celebrity Jeopardy.

9 comments:

krysten said...

ok, so why do they have Jane Kaczmarek listed as from Help Me Help You...um, isnt' Malcolm in the Middle a bigger show? wait...is that already off the air??

Carson is going to fur-REAKING rock on that show! i have no idea what kind of intelligence level he's on, but he is absolutely the star of the fab 5. love him!

Izaac Mizrahi? seriously?

Bebe Neuwirth!! i love her!

ugh, Rachael Ray...overdoooooone much? have you seen her daytime talk show? zzzzzzzzzzz.

i love love love Martin Short!!

i have such fond memories of watching Jeopardy with my grandma and her saying "oooh, he's soooo handsome!" like every five minutes, haha! oh, grandma.

i like jeopardy too...brad doesnt let me watch it though, he always turns it off..kind of like the news, and America's Funniest Home Videos (which has me rolling every time. seriously, i love it). Pretty much the only categories i am good at are biology and psychology though. oh well...maybe i'll watch the celebrity ones and feel better...

Charlie Roch said...

I want the guy who plays Baltar !!!

I mean, his name may be James Callis, but idontevencare.

That's what I've got.

Gina said...

omg I am so glad you pointed this out to me! Cutie patootie N.E. Patriots Q.B. Tom Brady is on. I heard an interview with him after he taped it. I think he was on with Jane Kaczmarek. :)

krysten said...

wow. i was pretty impressed that Carson knew that much geography. and how funny was it to hear him say "i'll take 'Straight Men' for $xxx" like five times (and then again when it was 'Strait Men', bah!).

i didn't see todays...but i recorded it. yes, i did.

hello jamie: said...

oh, I am TO-tally recording it.

*waves from Ft. Lauderdale*

krysten said...

ok, i don't feel so bad then, haha!

Anonymous said...

HEY! Why did STUPID NBC make that site pull all the Celebrity Jeopardy videos?

Is it because they're a reminder of how good the show USED to be?

I'm officially holding a grudge now...

krysten said...

i want to know how NO ONE got "Plato" under the Savants category!! WTF? seriously? that was like the easiest one!

Curt Shilling didn't impress me much. But go, Jane, go! i like her a lot.

Brain Diva said...

Blogger ate my post! Argh. I was just saying how much I love Jeopardy, and I agree that Celebrity Jeopardy being easier makes it more fun. I watched Monday's show with Bebe Neuwirth, Neil Patrick Harris, and James Denton, and it was great!