Sunday, November 27, 2005

It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas...

I LOVE Christmas music.

Christmas music makes me happy. Think if I listened to it year-round I'd be happy all the time? It's worth a shot. Today I told J.T. that I was going to blog about Christmas music and he said I always stole all his good posts, which is a lie; I've only done it once. BUT, I'm doing it now before he does. So HA!

My favorite religious Christmas songs are "O, Holy Night," "O, Little Town of Bethlehem," "We Three Kings," and "The First Noel." My favorite secular Christmas song is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," no matter who sings it. I also love Vince Vance and the Valiants' "All I Want for Christmas Is You," The Eagles' "Please Come Home for Christmas," The Carpenters' "Merry Christmas Darling," John Lennon's "Happy Christmas (War is Over)," Etta James' "Merry Christmas Baby," Joni Mitchell's "River," U2's "Baby Please Come Home," Nat King Cole's "I Saw Three Ships," The Vienna Boys' Choir's "Still, Still, Still," Rosemary Clooney's "Let it Snow," Frank Sinatra's "Jingle Bells," Dr. Demento's "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas," Harry Connick, Jr.'s "Ave Maria," Nat King Cole/Dean Martin's "Buon Natale," Diana Krall's "The Man with the Bag," The Vince Guaraldi Trio's "Christmastime is Here," Brian Wilson's "Christmasey," Johnny Mathis' "We Need a Little Christmas," and The Beach Boys' "Little Saint Nick." [whisper]I also like Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You." Yeah, I said it. Shut up. [/whisper] I love those Ultra-Lounge Christmas Cocktails jazz cds. I hate Rudolf and Frosty and that pesky Little Drummer Boy.

That's all. I don't have anything else to say except that Christmas music makes me all warm and fuzzy and I'm soooo happy that I can listen to it now. What? I don't care. My name is Jamie Hawkins and I am a Christmas music ADDICT.

No comments: