Saturday, September 02, 2006

feet, trains, & automobiles - a tour of Dallas

I didn't have any plans last night until about 3:30. At the last minute I asked Bill, Nathan, & Erin to come over for dinner and a movie. Erin had a work function so it was just me and the boys. I made dinner for them and we sat around and chatted for a while, but Nathan wasn't digging the sitting, so we talked about walking around the video store (which I didn't dig) and going out to get a drink (which Bill didn't dig). We decided just to do all three.

We went down Lower Greenville to a new bar they had seen but hadn't been to yet. It was called Libertine and we loved it. Turns out they are owned by the same people as own The Meridian Room, so it makes complete sense. We decided to go back for dinner one night this week. Then it was too late to go to the video store, so we went to Mockingbird Station and had gelato. Then we got on the train and took it down to West End.

It was a really fun evening and we hit 3 major neighborhoods in The Big D. I guess 4 if you count the fact that we started in Highland Park at the Chalet J. And best of all, it was a completely unplanned evening, which always is a little more delightful than if you had expected it all along.

In other news, I bought the 3rd season of Arrested Development and I made an A on my first A&P exam.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you started watching Arrested yet? Dear Lord, it is just so much filthier and more offensive than the first two seasons. You'll love it.

hello jamie: said...

are you kidding? I already finished it. I won't start quoting because I'll never stop, but... brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Did you watch the blooper reel? I must say, I was a bit surprised by the mouth on Jason Bateman.

I still have to watch the last day on location bit though. Do you know if it's any good?

hello jamie: said...

I'm not really much of an extras watcher. I did watch the blooper reel, because honestly, who doesn't love a good blooper reel? Friends is the best.

Kids kids!!

Brain Diva said...

I still use that "Kids Kids!". Good times. The Friends blooper reel are good, but I must say, the Newsradio ones are probably the best I saw.

The Last Day On Location is okay, but nothing spectacular. But my heart broke a bit when I saw Will Arnett tearing up. So sad.

I can't wait for The Office DVDs. They are so full of extras. Two and a half hours of deleted scenes! A 17-minute blooper reel! All the webpisodes! I am so excited.

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed you for dinner. Julia was under the impression (don't worry - it wasn't heavy and she didn't get hurt) that you had plans with a male type. Guess it was two male types. Would have loved to have you join us. The boy was even along for the ride, although by dinner time, I think he was quite done with us and ready to move along.

Don't know when we'll be back in Big D, so you can mail my awesome gift if you want. (Hmm, just realized that you used "Big D" in your post. Note to self: go back and remove that cliche from this comment. Don't want to be head of the Department of Redundancy Department.)

hello jamie: said...

I'll mail it tomorrow. It's sitting by the door so I won't forget.