Thursday, September 21, 2006

Wednesday Edition

First of all, I had the most fun night last night. Some old friends from college, Shane & Tara, came over for dinner and we had hamburgers (my favorite food) at a fun bar/restaurant, sat on the roof of Gachet and had coffee (my favorite drink), and then got Tara's nose pierced. Seriously, hamburgers, coffee, and getting things pierced, all in one night?? ACE-HIGH! Loved it. Thanks guys~ let's please do it again soon... and Deron, I promise next time we won't spend quite so much time on The West Wing. *weg*

But let's get down to television. Starting next week, Wednesday will also be home to LOST and The Nine, so it's a busy night for me. Oh! And 30 Rock. Hell's bells.

I still love Bones. They're starting to give my TV boyfriend, Dr. Jack Hodgins, a love interest, so that makes me a bit jealous, but I fall a little more in love with Dr. Temperance Brenning every day. Deschanel really sells her character for me.

New shows. Jericho. LOVED. IT. OK, so, a few plot holes. But I was on the edge of my seat pretty much the entire time. I've always been a fan of Skeet Ulrich (remember Miracles?) and I imagine he must have had a hard career trying not to be the poor man's Johnny Depp. Plus, Major Dad! The deaf girl from Weeds! Anita from Six Feet Under! And that "sometimes I question your commitment to Sparklemotion" Hey-it's-that-Lady! Plus, no connection to the outside world and probable nuclear fall-out? Always exciting.

Kidnapped. Loved it. Timothy Hutton gets more attractive and more talented with every passing year. Plus, his character's name is Conrad. A throwback to his breakthrough role in Ordinary People? Possibly. I have always really liked Delroy Lindo, and Jeremy Sisto has that perfect blend of sex appeal and intimidation. I can't see how this can possibly last more than a season, but we'll see where it goes.

And lastly, maybe some of you knew this already, but Tom just told me about Pee-Wee's Playhouse coming on AdultSwim every night!?!!! Holy crap. I'm enraptured. I love love LOVE this show. Chairie, Clockie, Globey, and Mr. Window?? How did this stuff get across the idea table? It's sheer brilliance. Last night Pee Wee and Miss Yvonne made cheeseballs ("roll roll roll your cheese, into little balls! HAHA!"). I feel sorry for all you young'uns that missed this in your youth. 1986-1991 were good years for Saturday morning tv. Larry Fishburne as Cowboy Curtis! Jimmy Smits as The Conky Repairman! Phil Hartman as Cap'n Carl! Music by Mark Motherbaugh, Todd Rundgren, and Mark Snow! GENIUS! So many of our colloquialisms came from Pee Wee. "I know you are but what am I?" and "Why don't you marry it?" being the two that stick out in my mind. Remember when Pee Wee married the bowl of fruit salad because he loved it so much? AH!!!

Brad and I were talking last night about how I've always said you can't make a nickname out of Jamie. We decided someone should have thought to call me Jambi. I mean, it's got 4 of the same letters! Mekka-lekka-hi-mekka-hiney-ho! Remember when Jambi had mekkalekkahinyitus? Awesome.

OK- gotta go. Errands, packing, studying, and the season 2 finale of Grey's. Plus lunch with Bruce AND dinner with Erin, Bill, & Deron. Yikes!

Tonight- Grey's Anatomy and Six Degrees.

2 comments:

Bee said...

. . .and Pee-Wee is coming out with a new movie! Yeah, Pee-Wee is back! : )

Gina said...

OMG. Did you get my IM when I saw your screen name was Globey? Seriously!

My college roommate Shell would wake us up every Sat morning for PeeWee, (no matter how late I'd been drinking or of I had a "guest" *snort*) I do love PeeWee though. Do you remember when Fireman Frank came to talk about fire safety? And Miss Yvonne was all over him like a cheap suit? Well, there is a part where she says, "I have a smoke detector, it's in the kitchen over my stove." But if you looked at her lips, she really said "in the bedroom over my bed." Someone must get the DVD and look for that. LOL