Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fall TV, Tuesday Edition

Tuesday will, starting next week, be the home of girlie cult night: Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars. I watched the Season 6 finale of GG again. That last scene with Lorelai breaks my heart. Yowza.

Tuesday is also the home of House, which I love, but last night- EW. She's 17, House. You are so gross. Glad the cane is back. More Cuddy!

I've also accidentally started watching Standoff with Ron Livingston. I'm sure it won't last, but it started a couple of weeks before everything else so I've been watching. It's formulaic, hostage negotiators. Enjoyable, but nothing crazy-special. Oh, except the female character (played by Jimmy Braddock's granddaughter)'s name is Emily Lehmann, and I grew up with a girl by that name. Weird!

Eureka: still love it. Pretty sure there's only 2 eps left in this season though, thank goodness. I don't have time for cable shows right now. (Until Oct. 6, of course.)

Smith. I got approximately 33 minutes into and found myself staring into space. It's out. Sorry, CBS, I'm just not in your demographic yet.

I also caught up on the first two episodes of Men in Trees with Anne Heche. It's blatantly Sex in the Northern Exposure, but I'm incredibly pleased with it. Of course it will never last; it's on Friday nights so it's doomed to join Miss Match in that great cancelled television channel in the sky. The premise is that Anne Heche's character was a successful New York relationship coach and author, and her fiancee cheats on her so she moves to Alaska to write a book about men. There's townies galore! Plus, the male lead looks pretty much exactly like a 38-year old Heath Ledger, so, bonus, and it also has Francie from Gilmore Girls and Admiral Percy Fitzwallace as Buzz, the pilot, who says awesome things like, when he finds out her ex-fiancee's name is Graham, "Isn't that the name of a cracker? Yeah, that's a girlie cracker, too." Thanks Amy, for recommending it.

Tonight, Jericho and Kidnapped!

8 comments:

pants said...

i am now all caught up on your life. i'm glad you liked chandler's new show. i can't find anyone here that saw it. they had some pretty heavy national advertising, that show's gonna be around for a while.

Anonymous said...

'More Cuddy!' is what I kept saying all night last night. Didn't you get the feeling that, that 17 year old hoe bag would be resurfacing later on in the season, too? What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

GIRLIE CULT NIGHT? SHAME ON YOU!

I'm a man, damnit!!!!! Who happens to love Graham and Bell. (HAH! It's just too easy to combine their names...) And don't pull that "you're gay" line on me, because I'd jump in bed with either one of those lovely ladies in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

ok I checked your blog yesterday and the most recent post was from last tuesday. today, all of a sudden there are four new posts!! perfect procrastination instead of studying for my midterm. :)

did I know you watched Veronica Mars? have you always or is this a recent addition to your tv addiction?

hello jamie: said...

Sometimes you have to refresh. It's weird.

And no, I'm only about halfway through the first season. Can I borrow yours?

Anonymous said...

yes, house and the 17 year old is way not cool. in my opinion she will come back later in the season. not that they would take that too far, but i think they want to keep the audience on the fence of liking the character and despising him. if we start to like him too much i think it kinda ruins the flow of the show.

you should give smith another try, and i think you missed out with the second half of the show. just got finished watching kidnapped, and it looks very promising. of course it was just one show, and they could easily wreck it. i was glad to see the detective from "gone in 60 seconds", but i hope he doesn't stay too entrenched on the fbi side. lastly, has anyone checked out criminal minds? it's one of my favorite shows, but i fear that it's not getting great ratings.

Anonymous said...

I agree about Smith. I was with Jamie (boring) for awhile, but the last fifteen minutes kinda brought it all together for me. I'll give it another shot. See where it goes.

TV good. :-)

Anonymous said...

roommate sarah is currently watching season one of VM but at the rate she's going, she'll be done by Sunday so yes you can borrow it. I'm currently looking for the best deal on season two. fyi, target was selling season one for around $18 but two was still full price.