Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday, bloody Tuesday....

You may think I haven't posted in a while because I've been so busy, and I have been... but not really doing anything really all that newsworthy. (But Jamie, you may argue, nothing about your life is newsworthy, and yet you have this whole blog that indicates you believe otherwise! To which I would respond: Word.)

The holiday weekend was nice and relaxing - Saturday I bailed on a date (long story) and instead had a fun night out with my usual double-date gang (Bill, Nathan, Erin~ you decide who's paired up with whom *wink*). Sunday I caught up on some TV, went to the bookstore, and met Amy, Madison, and Dave in Addison for Kaboomtown. It was a pretty normal event but it was fun to get out with them. Yesterday I went to Madge & Dave's for slow-cooked chili and a Robert Downey Jr. two-fer: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (A+ from Jamie) and Restoration (B+). We didn't exactly plan that, but KKBB was one of my favorite movies in a long time. Oh, that reminds me: I've added recently watched films to my link bar at left.

Other than that, I've been organizing/cleaning around the house, going to yoga, cooking, catching up on some TV series (4 seasons of Felicity and the 1st season of Doctor Who - LOVE it), and studying studying studying. It's been quiet, but I confess I'm rather fond of my little life these days. I'm leaving for Vegas, baby, Vegas next Monday, and then home for about a week before I leave for Seattle. In Seattle I have a day and a half of fun before I start work - I'm looking into hiking Mt. Ranier. I'm also going to catch up with a friend from college, Loretta, and I finally get to lay eyes on Shelly, so I'm really looking forward to the trip, despite the unfortunate fact that I have to work a 600-booth show with someone I'm wary, nay, petrified of.

I'm making filet mignon and sauteed onions - House premiere and Eureka tonight!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is sheer genius, and the fact that we're two of maybe three hundred people IN THE COUNTRY who have seen it is so depressing to me.

"You think this is good cop/bad cop? It's not... it's fag and New Yorker"

We are soulmates for a reason... :-)

hello jamie: said...

"EIGHT PERCENT? Who taught you math??"

Anonymous said...

--Look up idiot in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?
--A picture of me?
--No! The definition of idiot. Which you f***ing are!

Dannybrou said...

how long are you in vegas? I will be there from the 17 - 20..

hello jamie: said...

I leave on the 16th :(

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't add the "+" to Restoration for my sake...it's one of my favorite movies of all time, but it doesn't have to be everyone's.
BTW-- I haven't noticed ratings before (of course, I'm not that observant). Are you going to log ratings now as well? I've seen 4 of 5 on your recent list, and the only stinker was Little Miss Tiresome.
Cheers

The Bagboy said...

"Why in pluperfect hell did you pee on the corpse?"

Shelly said...

Lay eyes on me? Sounds so saucy. I love it!

I'll respond to that email in a jiff!

Bee said...

I loved, loved, loved KKBB. Not a big fan of Kilmer, but I think the movie was great because of him.

hello jamie: said...

Scottie-san, I've never rated before but perhaps I shall start.

Restoration's B+ was earned on its own mertis, but to be perfectly honest I probably never would have rented it without your recommendation. Funny, I was with Dave and Madge and we had a handful to choose from, and they said "what's Restoration about?" and I said "no idea; Scottie recommended it" and they answered "oh, the Blackman seal of approval? Let's watch that one." So your word alone apparently sways Goodwins. :)

RDJ is so talented that every single one of his movies gets an extra (+) from Jamie... except The Singing Detective, because honestly, wha? In the huh??

hello jamie: said...

...and "mertis" is Latin for "merits"

Anonymous said...

The original BBC Singing Detective miniseries (or maybe it's PBS?) is MUCH better, and makes a lot more sense than the RDJ remake. Although everyone involved in the remake gave it their best shot, it just didn't gel. But I highly recomend the original.

Oh... and just cuz there hasn't been a KKBB quote in a while:

"Don't worry. I saw Lord of the Rings. I'm not going to end this seventeen times..."