Monday, September 18, 2006

New Fall TV -- Just the Beginning

Is it the saddest thing in the world that the new fall schedule excites me to no end? I took my first Unit Exam today and don't have to think about work or school for about a day and a half, so I've had my pajama pants on since about 4pm. I'll be updating you guys on my thoughts of the new television season in the next couple of weeks.

Sunday - The Amazing Race 10. Of the twelve couples, there are some that I already seriously hate. We have the cheerleaders from South Carolina, the Muslim dads from Ohio, the Asian-American brothers from San Francisco, the beauty queens (Miss California and Miss New York), the one-legged girl and her fake-leg-making boyfriend triathletes, the father/lesbian daughter from Rhode Island, the obligatory flaming gay couple, the African-American single moms from Alabama, the Indian couple, the ex-drug using/male models, the Kentucky coal-miner and his housewife, and that grating we-don't-know-if-we-should-break-up- or-get-married-so-let's-just-be-on-television couple. I hate them the most. They all started in Seattle, flew to Bejing, ate some eyeballs, the Muslims got eliminated, the laid some bricks, did some dancing, scaled the Great Wall of China, and the Indians got canned. They were really nice; bummer. First episode prediction: the winners will be the male models.

Monday- The Class. Really, really bad. Abysmal. I have no more words. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip- awesome. I predict it will be my favorite new show of the season. I thought Matt Perry was great and very un-Chandler, and I though Bradley Whitford was great and very un-Josh. The dialogue was mostly great, the casting was great, the acting was great, and as usual, Sorkin and Schlamme hit a home run with a beautiful pilot. I also think they got rid of their crazy not-so-steady-cam guy that they picked up the last couple of seasons of TWW, so I'm grateful for that.

Doh- my new lab assignment was just posted. So much for not thinking about school for a while, eh? Oh well, at least I had one evening to myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonight? The GG finale again, which I will watch unbiasedly now, knowing full well Luke-the-jerk gets his butt kicked to the curb.

And... CHRISTOPHER!!!!!!

How about Smith? Should I even give it a shot? I love Amy Smart, but Liotta's always so GoodFellas to me.

hello jamie: said...

I'm going to give it a shot... pretty, pretty Simon Baker? Gooood. I like Amy Smart, too, and Virginia Madsen.

Anonymous said...

Since a new show idea cannot be contained by just one network, we have a couple kidnap-themed shows this season.
Kathyrn and I watched Fox's Standoff last night, and plan to see the premier of Kidnapped tonight on NBC-- then we'll decide which one we want to stick with.
Standoff has Office Space's Ron Livingston (always a plus), and wraps-up its hostage situation each episode. While I suspect I will be a fan of the continuing same story aspect of Kidnapped (and it's grittier look), I don't know if I want to be pulled into another TV series that doesn't find resolution within each show, expecially with Lost and BStarG starting up again soon.
Oh, what is a non-committal television watcher to do?

Anonymous said...

Kidnapped is getting a lot better buzz than Vanished (which I've kinda given up on. Not even that cast can save that show)

Although I was one of maybe ten people out there who got burned by Reunion, a mystery show that was finally getting its footing when the plug was pulled. I feel your pain. If I like Kidnapped, and then they go and pull a "Reunion" on me... GRRRRRRRRRR