Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The X-Files

What am I going to write about when the TV season is over? Old TV, of course. Kiddo just reminded me how awesome Jessica at TwoP was with The X-Files recaps:

How did it all turn so sour for poor Agent Scully? Nine years ago, she was all Perky McBadSuit, all "I look forward to working with you, Agent Mulder," all "You can't possibly be suggesting that, Agent Mulder," and then she was like, "Wow, I just got abducted," and then she was all, "Dang, they killed my sister," and next thing you know, it's all "Shoot, I've got cancer," and "Yikes, my partner is dead. No he's not! Yes, he is! No, he's not," and before you know it, it's "Huh, I've been pregnant for six years" and "Geez, Mulder's nowhere to be found" and now, here we are at, "Shit, I had to give my baby to strangers and they're killing my boyfriend.

Hahahahahahahaha! Ha! Ahhh, I miss that show. I just bought Season 1 and it's patiently waiting for its marathon at Chalet J. June 26, baby.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

know how you feel...it was the best show ever...but check this out...they've all been signed for an X-Files 2...(look for yourself on google)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lordy. It's also a bit funny how you don't realize just how bad you thought various aspects of the show were until Jessica voices them. I think I may need to go watch an episode right now...

Brain Diva said...

Well thank God for those recaps in seasons 8 & 9! It was hard being a classic XF fan in those years! LOL I actually bought the S1 DVDs about 2 years ago, watched a few episodes, and lost total interest. I never finished the set. I loved that show so much, and now, I just don't seem to want to rewatch it at all. It's really too bad. Maybe if they finally resolve the contractual issues and make the second movie, it will resurrect my interest in the show.

Bee said...

I am one of the freaks that bought all 9 DVD seasons. I just couldn't stand having an incomplete series even if I never will watch the last two seasons again.

An attorney at my office is re-watching all the X-Files episodes and comes by my office to discuss. Just the other day he stopped by and said, "She is me" Sigh. I miss the X-Files too.

Kelly said...

I loved how Jessica brought her action figures into her recaps. She cracked me up! She still does through her blog, but it isn't the same. LOST finale is on tonight!!

hello jamie: said...

You guys are way to hard on Seasons 8 & 9. Sure, the mythology went to crap, but after 9 years? I always loved the monster-of-the-week episodes, and I liked Doggett and Reyes... and like Bee, I couldn't possibly have an incomplete set. I intend to watch the entire series again for sure.

Brain Diva said...

I have to say, I wasn't even hard on seasons 8 & 9; I just stopped caring, which may be worse. This is what I hate about series I love going on too long. Where I had pure joy about them, I start instead becoming ambivalent. I felt the same way about Friends toward the end, but I came around, probably because I liked their series finale. That is something I can't say about TXF. I mean, they killed the Lone Gunmen, William is still lost to the ether, Mulder and Scully are fugitive, and all we learn is the date of the end of the world? What kind of end is that to 9 years of devoted TV watching? Meh.