Wednesday, May 31, 2006

cram cram cram!!

So, I've come to terms with the fact that June is going to BLOW. It's only a month, Jame, it's only a month. I got back into my psychology class (it cost $88 more now but at least I got in). Both classes I am taking are first summer term, meaning yesterday through July 5. I leave Monday for 3 shows back-to-back-to-back, and when I come home from that on the 26th, I'll basically have finals and then no school and no work for the entire month of July. What? Couldn't have worked out so I could go to school when my work schedule isn't horrendous? Geez. I might even have to drive to TCC on a layover from Ft. Lauderdale to Denver on the 11th and take a midterm. No joke! It's like that J-Term of my junior year, when I took Modern Theatre (pardon me while I vomit in my mouth a little bit) from 8-11:30am, had rehearsal from 1-4pm, waited tables from 5:30-midnight, and then met my class in the dorm lobby to get ready for the next day's class. Every day. For a month. And I was only like 20 then. *deep breath* "OK LET'S DO IT!"[/Rachel Green]

One of the things I've decided I have to do in order to stay focused and on top of things is pretend to myself like I actually have class- physically set aside 2 hours a day that I must spend in front of the computer with my lessons. With no music and no IM. *cringes* Today I have to drive over to the bookstore to get my books, have lunch with Angela and Sandy, and then really get down to business.

Oh, and while I was cleaning up my old "office" stuff, I came across this picture from New Year's Eve, 2003- right before I left for NYC. I don't know why I love it so much, but I just think it's hysterical. It's kind of a random grouping of people (not that we're not all friends, but I don't think the 5 of us and only the 5 of us have ever taken a photograph taken together, and might not ever again), and it's completely candid and specifically, the fact that I am smiling normally and Ryan and Amy are hamming it up just makes me giggle everytime I look at it. I'm not even sure who took it, or how I got it, as I am clearly holding my camera in the photo. From left to right: Kathryn Blackman, yours truly, Ree-an (hovering above) Angel, and Amy. Good times:


4 comments:

krysten said...

gack! talk to you in July...

Kelly said...

Good luck with class.

Anonymous said...

if i was to make a caption for that picture, i think above my head it would say "garrrrrr, i'm a pirate. but i can't afford an eye patch so i just squint one eye."

krysten said...

LOL!