Tuesday, May 20, 2008

in which she wonders if anyone is still reading

I looked at a random post from Dec 2005 (when I started No Day but Today) and it had 18 comments. Do 18 people even read this thing??

So, I'm in LA, and I actually moved hotels yesterday because the one I was in was so, so crappy. Sad. Anyway, I got a full night's sleep, yay, and on the way to work this morning, stopped at a little Asian convenient store for a coffee, and wonder of wonders, found the Japanese coffee-in-a-can that I drank every morning when I was in Hawai'i last year!!! Really odd, because I've never seen it anywhere else, and I was just telling my co-worker about it 2 days ago, and how I much I loved it and wished I could find it in the states.

Needless to say, my week got infinitely better upon the discovery of this little gem. A friend of mine once asked me how much of my day I spent thinking/talking about food and I have to say, most of it. Is that wrong?

3 comments:

hello jamie: said...

PS> my favorite part about this can, other than its apparent 4x-thickness of a regular can (seriously, there's no way you could crush it with your hand like a thin coke can-- even though it's the same size it's only holding 11.3 oz), is the tag line:

UCC: The pioneer maker of the canned liquid coffee in Japan.

hello jamie: said...

Yeah, that's right. I just commented on my own post.

I love me some the canned liquid coffee!

RedCircleLine said...

why, yes, i did somehow discover your blog, through a rather circuitous route. i had to share that i, too, probably spend about 60%-80% of my day thinking about food. there must be worse things one could spend the majority of their time thinking about, no? i'm glad i'm not alone. Anywho, next time you're in town (which is soon, no?), i say the four of us should do something fun. something tells me posting my phone number would be ill-advised, but my e-mail is candicepillion@ yahoo.com.
enjoy your time at home!
candice (a.k.a. charlemagne)