Tuesday, May 20, 2008

in which the survey says....

Yes, Karen, I will do your survey, because today my job is just that boring. Today.

Do you know the words to The Star Spangled Banner?
Uh, I guess I do? Not being the baseball fan that Bischer is, I don't have the opportunity to sing it as often as she. But I could probably do it on a bet.

Do you think the guy should always pay on the first date?
If he is the one that did the asking and I am the one that did the accepting then yes, I do think he should pay. I guess I am old-fashioned that way (I also think they should open doors and lift heavy things for me-- not because I can't do it myself but because I grew up in the South and it's just what polite men do). But if it was a mutually-agreed casual hanging-out thing, then I wouldn't stress over payment options.

When was the last time you stayed awake for over 24 hours?
uhhh, last February at Traders Expo in NYC? Maybe. I worked a 21-hr day so I'm sure once you factor in transportation and showering/getting ready time it was close to 24. Maybe not over. But close. And also last Thursday. I woke up at 6:30am on the east coast and went to bed after 1am on the west coast-- again, not over, but close.

What is the last movie you saw in a theater?
Iron Man. I might be alone in my principles, but it was a solid B-. ("There he goes, off to his room to write the hit song, Alone in my Principles." Name that quote!)

What were you doing for a living 9 years ago?
Partying like it was 1999? Oh, for a living. Errr, Komen Foundation, I think.

What is the best compliment you have ever received?
I can't remember but I feel like it probably came from either Krysten or Tom. They are both such wonderfully and unabashedly expressive friends.

Do you read on the toilet?
No, no, a thousand times no!!! I agree with Karen- how do people do this? First, I don't go into the bathroom unless I actually have to go, so I just do my business and leave the bathroom. Second, I'm sorry for playing the nutrition card, but if you have to take in reading material, you are not getting enough fiber in your diet.

Favorite author?
Eeek... I couldn't possibly pick just one! Jane Austen, CS Lewis, Tom Robbins, John Irving, Barbara Kingsolver, J.K. Rowling, Tom Casiello.

Have any snow dances/superstitions for getting a day off of school?
This question baffled me. I grew up in Texas, where it snowed enough to cancel school maybe once every 3 years, so not enough to develop traditional superstitious dances.

What's your favorite Shakespeare play?
The Tempest. "O, brave, new world, that has such creatures in't!!"

Done any gambling?
When I go to Vegas I give myself only $20 because I am petrified I would never be able to stop.

Your opinion of the 80s?
Cringe-worthy, in a so terrible-it's-awesome kind of way. And yeah, I'm taking about fashion, music, and movies/TV.

If you could change something in any book, movie or TV show:
Carrie would have ended up single at the end of Sex & the City (which may still happen, since they inexplicably felt the need to make a movie). And Mulder would have died in his quest at the end of The X-Files (another thing that still may happen as they are still making movies, though not so inexplicably). For that matter, I would have been OK with Harry Potter dying at the end of the series. Hey, whatever, I'm a sucker for a solid literary romantic hero.

Favorite Disney movie?
Fantasia. Or maybe Aladdin.

What song are you listening to or thinking of right now?
Singing in my head: Prince Ali, fabulous he, ali ababwa...... Thanks, previous question.

What is your stance on politics?
"Anyone who is capable of getting himself elected president should on no account be allowed to do the job." ~Douglas Adams.

What can you never say no to?
Food. Friends. Food and friends together.

2 comments:

Karen said...

"There he goes, off to his room to write the hit song, Alone in my Principles." Name that quote!

That Thing You Do!!! Love it!!! (Had a major crush on Tom Everett Scott after I first saw it, by the way)

krysten said...

ohmygosh! i'm so happy to be partnered with Tom in the "best compliment" question! and just for the record...you're a pretty easy gal to compliment - love you!!

also, about the toilet reading, i agree with both your points and i'd like to add that it is just DIRTY!! ugh! paper is porous!!! THIS is why i disinfect my library books before reading them!! ack ack ack ack ack!! thanks for the Hepatitis A!