Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fall TV 2007

Premiere Week 1, My Thoughts:

The Big Bang Theory: awful. just... terrible. I don't have any more words for that.

Heroes: A show I always want to love, but only like. When did Nathan Petrelli turn into Jack Shepard? Step away from the bottle and toward a razor, drama queen. Oh, and helloooooo, David Anders! I've missed you and your fake English accent!!

Journeyman: Liked it. I'm a sucker for time travel anyway, and I applaud the choice of a non-conventionally handsome leading actor. I liked him a lot and will definitely keep watching, for a while anyway.

Chuck: I always like me a good super-nerd, especially one with messy hair and thick eyebrows who wears Chuck Taylors- plus, I think this show might fulfill my Alias void for a bit. Plus it doesn't take itself too seriously, so I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.

Bones: good season opener. This show never makes my jaw drop but it's consistently enjoyable and by the way, va va VOOM on the new haircut, Dr. Hodgins. Tom, will you please invite him to have drinks with us when we are in LA next month???? Then you can get an emergency soap opera phone call and he can you know, fall in love with me.

House: *sigh* Hey writers, you have to give your protagonist at least a couple of redeemable qualities every once in a while. Otherwise he's just a jerk.

Private Practice: I'm sorry, but I liked it. Addison has always been one of my favorite character's on Gray's- she's flawed but strong. Good supporting cast chemistry and I swear if you didn't cry during Amy Brennaman's floor-session with the woman who lost her son, well, you have a small stone where your heart should be. Very small. And is it just me or does Tim Daly get hotter with every passing moment? Yowza. I like Audra McDonald but why did they take the Francinator away from me?

Dirty Sexy Money: I'm going to go ahead and tag it now as my favorite new show. LOVED it. Great cast, just soap-y enough while having a sense of humor about itself- plus it involves Peter Krause, a Baldwin, and a Sutherland- what's not to like?

Grey's Anatomy: *yawn* Cristina and Alex and Bailey and Chief were all pretty awesome- but I am so over the Izzie & George thing, seriously, and just what the world needs is another whiny self-important Gray (honestly Lexi? Throwing the "I'm your sister" thing out in the emergency bay? That couldn't have waited?) and Kathyrn Heigl wins an Emmy and gets a scene with a deer?? Really Shonda?

Big Shots: a show I really wanted to like- I mean, Michael Vartan, Dylan McDermott, Chris Titus and Josh Malina? Too bad they are all playing asshats with horrible personalities and terrible dialogue. It was touted as the male version of Sex & the City and I have to say, if that is how men really are then I am going to be a lesbian. Frankly, I'd rather date Samantha. This show is retarded; I'm out.

Brothers & Sisters: man, I love this show. I'm certain it's emotionally manipulative, but I'm not close with my brothers and sisters, or my parents really, and I've always wanted this huge, crazy family- this show really tugs at my heartstrings because it's something I've never had and never will have so it's like a mirage for me. I love to watch it even though it makes me lonely.

Next on No Day but Today.... Viva Laughlin, Samantha Who?, Pushing Daisies, The Bionic Woman, and Reaper, plus the return of Men in Trees. Geez, I hope they all suck so I don't have so many shows to watch. Thank goodness Eureka and Doctor Who are almost done for the season; I think there's smoke coming out of my DVR.

7 comments:

Desperately Desperate said...

Totally agree with you on Dirty, Sexy Money. I love the over the top soap part, but it's clever and not serious. I mean a Baldwin with a tranny. What's not to love!?

J.T. said...

I'm on the Dirty, Sexy Money train, as well... Hey - "Dirty, Sexy Money Train"... that sounds like a great movie. But I have 2 words for you:

KID. NATION.

LOL.

Anyway - I keep checking back here for your thoughts on the currently-filming Sex and the City movie. But, alas - there are none.

Anonymous said...

Too many shows to keep up with (shakes fist at grad school)! I'm way behind on my TV shows so I'm glad I got to read your updates :)

hello jamie: said...

Oh Jason. You know I'm above reality programming.

Re: the S&tC movie, I see no point. I'm sure I'll see the movie though.

Anonymous said...

Private Practice, surprisingly, had another gut-wrenchingly wonderful episode this week. I'm happily on the bandwagon too, Jamie. If it gets canceled, we'll mourn together.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts on S+TC? GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CITY!!!!! I PUT UP WITH YOU EXPLOITING MY FAVORITE PLACES AND TURNING THEM INTO TOURIST TRAPS FOR SEVEN FREAKIN' YEARS!!! I'M DONE!!!! GIVE ME MY MANHATTAN BACK!!!!!!!

J.T. said...

Come on, Tom. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

And I just wanted to add on this comments page that I think I actually LOVE The Big Bang Theory.

That is all.