Sunday, October 28, 2007

I'll have a double-bitter karma machiato please.

Remember how I love airports? I am almost ready to retract the statement. On the way here from New Orleans a few days ago, my flight got cancelled and I got shuffled to another flight which ended up in Orange County instead of LAX because it was faster, and the American employee who booked me on that flight forgot to cancel my original LAX flight. SO, since I didn't show up for it the system automatically cancelled the entire rest of my ticket. SO, when I went online to check in yesterday, it told me my reservation had been cancelled. Uuuuugh. I called American and they got me all sorted out, but then today when I got to the airport, the self-service kiosk couldn't find my reservation. So I waited in the long line to see a service agent, and he dropped my ID behind his computer under the desk. I got it back, but it involved three men with tools taking apart the entire service center, which took about 20 minutes. Then the guy in front of me at Star*ucks couldn't order his "could I BE any more Frasier?" two-shot half-caff 180-degree espresso macchiato, and that took an extra 10 minutes, and then the guy who made my coffee heard "decaf" when I said "double" so he had to remake my drink. Decaf??? Do I look like I want decaf???? *bangs head on wall* THEN I get to my gate and my flight is delayed. Seriously, how did I piss off the universe this weekend?

Thursday was good- Ashley and I went to Swingers and the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, then I met Nathaniel for Across the Universe and Indian food. I liked the film- I think it was lesser than the sum of its parts and not sure it really worked as a whole but it was visually stunning and I liked a lot of the numbers a LOT. I cried all the way through Let it Be. We didn't get back to Anaheim until close to 2am and had to wake up at 4 hours later for our crazy show- loaded it in, audited, invoiced, collected, and loaded out in16 hours. Insane. By the time we got out of there we were both cross-eyed, but it was nothing a nice dirty martini couldn't take care of. I love working with Ashley so I was in a pretty good mood despite the day.

Brian is coming over tonight and we are making hummus and tyrokafteri and drinking wine and talking about our respective failed love lives. Actually, we probably won't talk about that at all because we'll end up on some tangent that has nothing to do with anything, but we'll have a great time. I have about a week and a half off, which I am really looking forward to. Suzy and I are getting Thai massages for her birthday on Tuesday, and I am going to look for a part-time job for November and December.

Does anyone want to fly to Anaheim for Nov. 10-11?? I will be there for 2 short shows (Wed-Fri and Mon-Wed) and it's too much trouble to go home for 24 hours so I'm just staying there. I have a hotel and a rental car so we could go to DisneyLand and ride the Tower of Terror all day!!!! Let me know if anyone's interested!!

OK, almost boarding time. Goodbye, Los Angeles! Hello, home!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DisneyLand and the Tower of Terror? I want to go but I'm still in grad school. boo (as in boo hoo)! sad for me

iamchanelle said...

oooh! i love the tower of terror!
i rode that six times. in a row.
got scared every time. woot!
wish i could go ride it with ya - hope you get to go.

oh, and how was that tyrokafteri? yum??!!
WANT.