Wednesday, October 31, 2007

my week off

Ever since I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a couple of years ago, I wanted to go to the beach in the snow. Well, it doesn't really snow here, but I managed to get to Ocean Beach on Monday in San Francisco's version of "winter" (which by the way, is my version of winter as well). I did something cheesy and wrote a personal burden- a thing that has been holding me back- on a rock and threw it with all my might into the Pacific. Moving on!!



Brian and I saw a lot of jellyfish, gross! and we walked down into the old Sutra Baths caves. We also saw this giant camera (click to zoom):



Yesterday was Susannah's 30th birthday and we went for traditional Thai massages, pedicures, and lunch. I'm actually a little sore today. That little Kwan has some serious hands.

Sandy is in town and we are going over to Brian's tonight for fondue and movies. I have about a million things on my to-do list and I overslept this morning. It was so weird- I was having a dream that I was at a big party at someone's house, and I had someone else's phone in my pocket, and I kept picking up all these different phones, looking for mine, and then my dream self thought I should ask someone to call my phone, and then my real life phone rang! (All of this before 7am.) It was bizarre.

In less happy news, my iPod got the sad Mac last night. *sniff*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the pic of you in front of the ocean with your baby cup of coffee and really cool looking bag :)

Anonymous said...

This may be unrelated, but I was scuba diving off Ocean Beach earlier this week and was hit by a rock in the shoulder. It had the word "Clowns" sketched on it, and I couldn't make sense of it until now...

krysten said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!! omg. "clowns"! hahahahaha!

i was going to second julia's comment. you're so stinkin' cute! hee!

Anonymous said...

This might work on your sad pod:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/08/technology/personaltech/08basics.html?em&ex=1194757200&en=553f244aee4833ee&ei=5087%0A

Anonymous said...

Alcohol can indeed become a burden, but I think it's great you're coming to terms with your alcoholism. You must to the meetings, they won't come to you.



This may be unrelated, but I was scuba diving off Ocean Beach earlier this week and was hit by a rock in the shoulder. It had the word "Clowns" sketched on it, and I couldn't make sense of it until now...

idiot