Monday, October 15, 2007

October What?

Seriously, time is flying. I haven't updated in forever. Last week I worked 86 hours in 6 days at one of the worst shows I've ever done- it's still haunting me, over a week later. I want nothing more than to put that show to bed and never think of it again. I have a feeling it's going to come back and bite me in the arse when I ask for a raise next month. Ugh.

I had 3 days off (which I spent cleaning, running errands, and watching my DVR) and then I flew to LA. Nathaniel and I drove down to San Diego on Saturday night for the screening of a short film he shot in March called Shoot my Life. It was about a girl who tricks her roommates into being on a reality show. It was written, directed, and starred in by a girl named Kimberly-Rose Wolter, who also wrote and starred in the feature we saw called Tre. I can't say I enjoyed the movie- it's one of those uncomfortably realistic films that leaves you wishing you had seen a Hollywood ending and not something that might have happened to a girl you probably know- but she was really good in it and a really fun, nice person. We had drinks with her after the movie. I hope she does well in her career. The short film was really funny and cute and it was really cool to see something that Nathaniel shot and hear all about how they made it in Kimberly's kitchen. It stars her roommates, her boyfriend, and her baby as well- all of whom I got to meet at the screening.

Yesterday we went out to brunch and then to The Vista to see Michael Clayton with Texas Thomas. Really excellent film. Loved the theater. The ambiance was perfect and the sound and screen were amazing. We went to get some french food (mussels and frittes... mmm...) for dinner after that and then Nathaniel watched The Illusionist (I went to bed-- dude, that movie was BORING). We were going to go see Across the Universe at The Arclight today but Nathaniel had a 4:30p call time (he is working on Viva Laughlin this week) so I will probably go by myself tomorrow, or else with Ashley when I come back to Los Angeles next week.

Now I am finally sitting down to watch the first 3 eps of Bionic Woman- it doesn't really interest me (other than the fact that Jaime Summers is why my dad decided to name me Jamie) but I want to see Katee Sackhoff kick some bionic @$$. Honestly, could Michelle Ryan BE more plain/boring/indifferent? She's SO BLAND. Putting her opposite the dynamic and stunning Katee Sackhoff just makes it worse.

I leave Wednesday for a week in New Orleans and then come back here for a Jamie & Ashley's Day of Fun, Take 3 and a show that moves in, opens, closes, and moves out in like 18 hours. That should be fun times. *shakes head no*

Also, I'm looking for Christmas plans that will conveniently prevent me from going to home to see the folks-- so if anyone has any fun trips planned or wants to come visit or do something, let me know. *weg*

5 comments:

krysten said...

Jaime Summers? or Jamie Summers?

hello jamie: said...

In the show it's "Jaime" but since my dad's father (who died when my dad was 5 years old) was James, then they went with "Jamie."

Thank goodness, since I grew up in Texas, where "Jaime" is pronounced "Hy-may." Like I didn't get enough of that anyway (I'm looking at you, Uncle Al).

krysten said...

and still probably get enough of it now, right?

Loretta said...

i will be in seattle all by my lonesome -- you can certainly come here and be with me. : )

Anonymous said...

The BW pilot was okay, but the other eps got worse & worse. Dialogue is the biggest problem. Sadly, Katee gets most of the lame lines. For me, Michelle was the new Jen Garner, but it doesn't really matter b/c I've already removed the "series recording" from my DVR. Way better shows out there right now!
~amy