Sunday, April 27, 2008

spring fever... literally

So, I am in a fight with San Francisco. I mean, don't get me wrong-- I LOVE this city. Way more than I even thought I would. It's beautiful, laid-back, metropolitan but still small (not even a million people, and only 6 square-miles), and the food here is better than anywhere in the country (yes, even New York. I'm sorry but it's true). But geez louise, it is cold here every damn day. Every day. EVERY DAY. Spring, summer, fall, winter, it is cold. August? It is cold. April? It is cold. I am so tired of being cold. I have worn shorts a total of 1 time since I moved here and it was a sad and excruciating mistake. Flip-flops? Dusty, in the bottom of the closet. Tank tops? Yeah right. Skirts? Forget about it. It's just... cold. I had to put an extra blanket on my bed this week, the last week in April!!!

So, today the high is 65, which here in San Francisco means "put on your tiniest clothes and run to the park, NOW, before the fog rolls in" and I am so sick that even the thought of sunshine and temperatures above 42 can't draw me out. I am gross. You know how usually when you're congested and stuff, only one of your nostrils in blocked, so you can only sleep on that one side? I've moved past that. Both nostrils are so clogged breathing is not an option. The result is to breathe through my mouth and then I wake up every hour or so either coughing, drooling, or suffocating. My tongue feels like it's wearing a sweater. I have a low-grade fever and my lymph nodes are the size of golf balls. And oh, so tender! *whimper* I need to go to the drug store for more drugs but the closest one is a half-mile away and I don't feel like walking that. I just want to stay on the couch under my quilt and watch tv all day.

I am having hot tea with some bangalen granules that I found in the pantry, and intend on taking more Nyquil, which is all I have left, when I'm done finishing up my paperwork from the show I closed last night. The show in which I worked 86 hours in 6 days. Gross. No wonder I'm sick.

I was sick last year at almost this exact same time. (Thank you, No Day but Today, for being my memory.) Looks like it didn't last very long, though, so, fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better! Catch up on TV - is your DVR fixed yet?

Torchwood finale was INSANE, and totally jacked everything up a notch.

Watched first ep of the Doctor - it was all right. Looking forward to tonight's - and in three weeks? MARTHA AND ROSE!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Bee said...

Get on Bart and come to my house in San Leandro. When it is 65 in SF, it is 75 to 80 in the East Bay. A 20 minute train ride and the weather changes 20 degrees!

Hope you feel better : )

Anonymous said...

I thought we had a deal. We agreed that we would not use the words "literally" or "basically."

hello jamie: said...

Who is this, Stephen King?