Saturday, April 12, 2008

heat wave

Y'all, it is 77 degrees today. 77!!!! In coastal Northern Californa, that is cause for exchanging one's Uggs for flops, and one's hoodie for a t-shirt. I don't think it's been this warm since I moved here.

It's my 9th day in a row of work, and when I say "day," I am talking an absolute minimum of 14 hours. I am so tired I am practically delirious. I even caved this morning for fast food, which I never eat, including a tall bubbly cup of liquid Satan soda. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. But even though I stayed for the soda, I went for the burrito. See, I have been searching through the breakfast burritos of downtown San Francisco, including several places in the Mission, making my own at Whole Foods (which was a disappointing and expensive mistake), and today, Del Taco. *sigh*

Why does no one make a breakfast burrito exactly the way I want it? Abim "exactly the way I want it..." "hashbrowns, beans, eggs, cheese, avocado, cilantro, and some sort of fresh tomato salsa." Most people do eggs OR beans, but not both. A lot of places don't have hashbrowns, or else do cubed potatoes instead- hello, not the same. One place actually substituted rice. The only place I've ever had the perfect breakfast burrito, strangely enough, is from the Asian woman who works the roach coach at the San Jose Convention Center. Maybe I should open a Hello, Taqueria and show everyone how it's done.

OK, now that my belly is full, I really need to start some sort of project before I just nod off right at my desk. I have to do something non-work related tonight or I'm going to go postal. And tomorrow?? Tomorrow I sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Fast food? How the mighty have fallen...

I have doctors' appointments now on Monday. UGH! But I should be around before and after. Then my brother is coming in for Brian's Birthday Dinner #82.

Maybe Tuesday is better? I have Brian's Birthday Dinner #83 at night (for his REAL birthday), but I'll be around all day.