Monday, April 14, 2008

&%^$*&#@ technology!!

So, yesterday was my first day off after 92 hours of hell work. It was a pretty awesome day- I slept in, skipped yoga, and since the weather was so great and the park was packed, Brian and I decided to steer clear of the crowd and went to our favorite bar for a couple of libations. On the way there, I ran into this girl from the yoga studio that I've been trying to make plans with for weeks, and we ended up having the best day!! We had a couple of bloody marys (and the bartender gave me extra little onions, yum), watched Airplane!, ate some dinner, went dancing in the Castro, and ended up at her boyfriend's bar in the Mission with a big dog named Stella. The best part was that I actually forgot my wallet, so all my peeps paid for my entire day out, including my cab home so I wouldn't have to wait on a Sunday late-night train. Haha, suckahs!!!!

This morning got up early and went to the market, made it to yoga for the first time in 10 days, which kicked my @$$, and have spent the rest of my day trying to fix my various technological woes. First off, my laptop got some sort of virus (thank you, utorrent). I ended up having to pay $59.99 for a new virus scan and disinfect program, and it found 11 trojan horses. 11!!!! WTF? It's taken me literally the last 5 hours of uninstalling, downloading, freezing up, rebooting, and it's still scanning. The first time it got to about 30% and gave me the blue screen of death, and the second time it got to about 49% and just randomly shut itself off. I'm so frustrated.

To add insult to injury, my DVR is on the fritz. It records about 10 seconds of every program, including Friday's Battlestar Galactica, and then goes to black screen and stays there. Forever. Last week I was on the phone with customer schmervice for an hour- rebooting it, getting a remote signal sent in, yadda yadda yadda, and then I went to work for a week and didn't find out until I tried to watch aforementioned BSG that it hadn't been fixed. So today I had to spend another 30 minutes convincing another customer service person that they were obligated to bring me a new DVR since I don't have a car and it's not my fault their equipment sucks. And all I really wanted to do this week was watch all the stuff I missed last week. *sigh*

&%^$#&@!!!~

It's still a good night, though, because I don't have to work tomorrow (although there is a doctor's appointment, a Comcast technician, about 8 loads of laundry, and other various chores on the horizon), I'm sitting on my own couch, my roommate is out of town, and I am perfectly happy to occupy my time with a bowl of homemade broccoli soup, a glass of pinot grigio, and Seinfeld, Scrubs, and Friends reruns for the rest of the evening. Heaven!!

Oh, btw, the virus scan has climbed to 17 while I was writing this post. *glowers*

3 comments:

iamchanelle said...

dang. i hope you get all that fixed SOON. lame!

nothing a good bowl of soup can't fix, right?

Anonymous said...

Good God.

No wonder you're drinking in the middle of the day.

I want to be where you are. Good food, good wine, good re-runs.

krysten said...

oh lord. i hate computer problems.

and i really hate missing my shows because of technology that is supposed to be making life EASIER. urg.