Saturday, April 19, 2008

my week off

OK, so my week off turned out to be a little stressful. It started out the way I wanted- ran errands, went to yoga, spent some time in the kitchen, yadda yadda yadda, then I swear some planet is out of alignment or something because everyone in the world went crazy.

One of my best friends got fired this week. I am UBER-PISSED because it was really unfair, and done by a hot-head exec over our boss' head, and everyone is really angry and upset. Now that I've calmed down a little I think it is probably a blessing in disguise for her, because she deserves better! but I'm going to miss her terribly and if it weren't for my frakking end game I would quit too (solidarity sister!). Damn the man; save the Empire!!

The virus software that cleaned the 21 trojan horses off my laptop also is so "secure" that I spent all week not being able to get to certain pages on the web. Namely, google searches (I could get to google and gmail but not do a search), all blogspot pages, hotmail, and any forums. I assume it was a Windows thing, since I couldn't access these pages in Firefox OR IE, but Safari worked just fine (zip it, Uncle Al). I have literally spent hours on forums, help desks, the phone, trying things and rebooting, dreaming of a baseball bat, over and over, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. I am SO frustrated. Then, this morning out of nowhere, some guy on some forum suggested I rename firefox.exe to firefox1.exe and boom! Problem solved!!! Are you frakking kidding me??? I have NO idea how that worked but I cannot believe it was something so easy.

Wednesday I did 7 loads of laundry and made dinner for my friends Jonathan and Roman, including my salute to Cafe Gratitude's fiery carrot-avocado soup-- which turned out AMAZING if I may say so myself, so I will be posting it soon. We watched the BSG miniseries and ohhh, I love watching the beginning knowing what I know now. I heart you Laura Roslin!!!

Thursday I mailed 3 birthday presents (2 late and 1 on time- feel special, CC??)-- at like, 10am and then went to meet Brian for coffee. I had my yoga clothes in my bag and everything. But, yeah right, coffee turned into breakfast, and breakfast turned into a bloody mary at our favorite bar-- the one that plays movies on the wall, and next thing I know we had Philadelphia Story, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang under our belts, and then went out for noodles. I love days like that!!

Yesterday I spent in my pajamas doing paperwork and catching up on Torchwood, and last night I worked at the studio and tried a new wine & dessert bar with my friend Velma. To start we had a cheese plate and asparagus with green garlic and black pepper, and then carrot cake-baked alaska that was maybe one of the best desserts I've ever had, and a dark chocolate brioche with balsamic caramel ice cream and a lime yogurt sauce. YUM.

So today is my last day of freedom for a bit. I'm going to yoga in an hour and then I have to work the desk tonight, and tomorrow it's back to the real job. At least I have my May and June schedules sorted out, at work and the studio, which makes me feel a little more settled. Settled for a couple of months anyway. Any more than that would probably freak me out. :)

Edited to add: oh, and also? I had meat this week. For some reason I've been thinking about it non-stop for a couple of weeks. Maybe my bout at the gynachiatrist made me a little iron-deficient, or maybe spring just brings out my inner carnivore (about this time last year I caved for a steak). At any rate, I had about a third of a cheeseburger and it was awesome and exactly what my body wanted and I think I'm all set for another year.

6 comments:

iamchanelle said...

holy mother, and i thought i was a busy girl.

and i DO feel special , yay for birthday presents! that you REALLY should not have sent! but i'm excited anyway!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Music Town.

Anonymous said...

I thought his name was Warren?

hello jamie: said...

"My name's not &*%^ing WARREN!!!!!"

and dude, just this morning I yelled "I'll be back and you'll be sorry!" to someone at work.

And you know what? They WERE sorry.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. Get rid of the poc peecee and get a Mac. Seriously, girl. You don't need anti virus software, spyware removers, etc. Damn the (MS) Man!

Unknown said...

Nice...





regards
aegan stills, songs