Friday, May 04, 2007

the cherry on top

I'm sick. A couple of days ago I woke up with a sore throat, and I took lots of Emergen-C and ate oranges and drank green tea, and then yesterday I had some pretty hefty sinus pressure, and today I'm just full-on sick. I'm miserable. I hate being sick on the road. I took some Tylenol Cold Head Congestion PM stuff last night and ping! woke up at 3am, consulted the box, and discovered the instructions state to take 2 pills every 4 hours. Who the hell wakes up in the middle of the night to redose on PM medicine?? Lame. It was too late for me to take more because I had to get up at 6, so I just tossed and turned and blew my nose until 5:30, when I couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm on the daytime Sudafed Cold & Sinus, which makes me have that weird, I'm thinking 900 miles per hour but also in slow motion at the same time thing... Krysten has a name for it but I don't remember. See?

UGH~

5 comments:

krysten said...

the Screaming Crazies, haha! i hate those.

i feel ya, i've been sick this past week too with sinus-y stuff, and then the whole losing my voice thing (which it still isnt all the way right yet...)

i find that just the good ol' regular sudafed PE works pretty well without the screaming crazies. it does NOT have pseudoephedrine in it, which is the leading cause of the SC. you gotta take it every four hours though, which is kinda annoying.

hello jamie: said...

actually, they're using phenylephrine now instead of psuedoephedrine because of all those kids using pseudoephedrine for their homemade meth or whatever... and the screaming crazies are a little less? But so is the decongesting.

I agree, the good ole little red Sudafeds are still the best. The cold and flu aisle of the drug store is a little overwhelming these days!!

Gina said...

Don't even get me started on the Sudafed shit. Ugh. PE is crap.

Jamie, try Dimetapp extend tabs or Chlortrimetron (sp? yes, I know I'm the pharmacist shut up) 12 hr. And I still swear by sudafed 60mg and Ibuprofen 800mg for sinus pain.

Being sick on the road must suck honey. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

That totally sucks. D-:

Feel better soon, mkay.

krysten said...

well, at first the sudafed PE didnt work for me, but now for some reason it does. *shrugs* it is DEFINITELY less powerful, but honestly, the screaming crazies are bad enough that i'd rather just take the less powerful stuff.

i hope you're feeling better, J. see you on Sunday! :D