Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hawai'i Countdown: 6 Days.

Sorry I haven't updated in so long. I've been feeling a little under the weather, and I think I've figured out this vegetarian thing has made me a bit anemic. It was the bruising that tipped me off, but explains the fatigue and headaches as well. Apparently women need a minumum of 18mg/day (that's 2.5x what men need) and unless I'm eating 6C of spinach a day, I'm not getting it. I'm going to get an iron supplement before I go out of town. If I am still feeling poorly when I get back then I will go see the doctor and get my blood work done.

Updates: I had 3 doctor's appointments on Tuesday and it looks like I need to have 4 places removed and biopsied when I get back from Hawai'i. She wanted to do them immediately but the sutures have to stay in for 10 days at least, and on top of finding someone in Honolulu to remove them, I didn't want to have to deal with sunscreen and saltwater on open wounds, so we decided to wait. The worst part is that she's taking my blue freckle! It's always been my favorite because it's not like the others (which is why, of course, it is dangerous). Stupid skin cancer.

Next issue: I bought these shoes at DSW. They were 40% off and I had a $10 coupon, so I ended up spending only $20 on them!! How awesome is that?!



Next issue: (SPOILERS) I finally watched the Gilmore Girls series finale. I thought it was almost perfect, except that kiss between Luke and Lorelai. It was all awkward and forced; they have ZERO chemistry, and she could have just said thank you with all that love in her eyes and it still would have been a pitch-perfect episode. Great Lor-Ror dialogue, great grandparent interaction, great townies (loved the moving tables bit and then scurrying back behind the girls), great ending. I mostly loved it.

Just finised LOST (SPOILERS)- Whooooooo BOY!!!! Ok, no spoilers. That's all I have to say. When this show is on, it's ON.

I still have Grey's, 2 weeks of The Sopranos, and 2 weeks of Heroes to watch.

I'm almost done planning my Hawai'i trip. More details in next post.

3 comments:

Brain Diva said...

First things first, fabulous shoes! Love them.

I really enjoyed the Gilmore Girls finale too. Hadn't watched the show in a while, but it was most enjoyable. Good way to finish it all.

Sorry about the anemia and the biopsy... All those health issues suck ass. I hope everything gets all fixed up and that you feel better! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear the Hawaii details!

iamchanelle said...

sorry you aren't feeling the best (and freaking skin cancer scare!), but lordy, you will look HOT in those shoes! rawr! :)
i hope you have the BEST. TIME. EVER. in hawai'i. you deserve it!
*HUGS*