Thursday, May 17, 2007

atlanta

This show has been pretty crazy and I'm still sleeping horribly, but I am having a pretty good time. I flew in at the buttcrack of dawn on Sunday for no reason, as suddenly out of nowhere, I didn't have to work, but it was OK, because Krysten and her mom and I went to eat Turkish food, smoked a hookah, and saw a belly dancer. She was really good and the place was really fun. We also watched The Last King of Scotland, which I thought was really well done.

I worked on Monday until about 6, and then Breanna and I took the MARTA (!) and met Krysten and her mom and her mom's friends for a birthday dinner at Raging Burritos. Turns out 2 of her mom's friends work in my industry, so I totally recognized them from various places (Dave had just been in Denver with me a few weeks ago), and a 3rd friend lives literally around the corner from my old apartment in Jersey City (and for the record, Nathaniel McSnobberson, she introduced him as "my friend Ty from New York"). We all joined hands and sang "It's a Small World."

The waiter there thought I was sooooo cute, until I called him "Beardie." He wasn't such a fan of that nickname. Or the fact that I whipped a Cylon doll in my purse. But then he still bought me a drink and asked me to come back before I left town. Bwahahahaha! Oh, Beardie. That's never going to happen. As if I'd be interested in someone who doesn't know what a Cylon is.

Tuesday night, Breanna and I met our friend Lena at the Django Gypsy Kitchen (inspired by Django Reinhardt). The food was amazing but we neglected to make it down the see the live jazz downstairs because of an early call the next morning. I guess I should have gone anyway, since it's not like I slept or anything.

Last night, Breanna and I went to eat Indian food at Havela, and it was soooooo GOOD. And also, I found a pea with a smiley face on it. I'm not joking, y'all.

For real! I find this is way cooler than finding the Virgin Mary in a tomato. Also, our waiter totally looked/sounded like John Waters, and when I said "do you know who John Waters is?" he replied, "Oooh, Uncle Mark is sitting down!" and joined us at our table. Apparently he's a big fan. Anyway, after that I watched Lost and took an Ambien and actually got 8 whole hours of sleep. I feel like a new woman. Except I'm the same woman. Just a little less tired.

5 comments:

krysten said...

i'm waiting for the pictures of us pretending to be the little girl watching the belly dancer...

*puts on dazed face and pulls up shirt*

hee!

it was good to see you. i can't wait to hear what august looks like for you. :)

hello jamie: said...

girl PLEASE. I am not posting those.

iamchanelle said...

the pea, haha! that is awesome.

and for the record, there are more people than beardie that have to run to google to find out what a cylon is. i'm just sayin'.

krysten said...

let me photoshop them! send them over...i'll make us look decent. i mean, you know, and still look like we're making fun of someone...

Anonymous said...

did you eat the smiley face pea or did you save it for future ebay endeavors?