Thursday, May 10, 2007

next stop, crazy... wanna come?

This morning I had a dream that I was kidnapped by Buffalo Bill and I tried to send a text message back to my work friends Breanna, Denise, and Vaughn (who I had just left when I got kidnapped) but he (Buffalo Bill) took my phone away, and then a lot of other stuff happened (including my making microwave french fries in a popcorn bag, and his killing 2 cops) before he got shot my Mrs. Landingham, and then I had to go back to the place where he was holding me, and Krysten was there watching television and smoking a cigar. I can't remember the last time I had a real nightmare but I woke up drenched in sweat.

Which reminds me, the other day I was reading an article about lucid dreaming, and how if you can recognize that you're dreaming, you can in a sense "guide" your dream, thus doing things in your subconscious that you could never do in real life, like fly. This one scientist suggested drawing an infinity sign in the air with your hand to prove that you were cognizant that you were dreaming and had some sense of control over your actions, no matter how insignificant. So, that night, I was having weird, hopped-up Nyquil dreams, and I knew that I was, and I kept pausing the dream action to draw an infinity sign in the air with my hand, and every time I did it, I just slipped further into the dream, and Dream Jamie kept thinking/saying "Stop trying. It's just a dream." It was all very Vanilla Sky and then this morning I was sort of remembering that during my 10-minute post-alarm snooze, and I was drifting in and out of my nightmare, and thinking that if I got my phone back from Buffalo Bill, I needed to text Danael and see if we were still having lunch tomorrow, and then my phone beeped that I had a text message. It wasn't from Danael but it still made my eyes pop wide open and my heart beat fast.

Is anyone else worried that I am actually crazy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not crazy... we just shouldn't have watched Lost IN THE DARK LAST NIGHT!

HOLY FRAK!

krysten said...

YAY! i was in a dream! wait...was i a bad guy??

wanna talk about crazy? yeah, i've got a new level of crazy for ya...although i'm not sure i actually want to post about it...let's talk sunday. ;-)

xoxo see you soon!