Monday, May 28, 2007

da-da-da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da-da

That's what my cell phone ring sounds like these days. I changed it to the Hawaii 5-0 theme and do a little air-surfing whenever it rings. The new banner is my attempt to say "No Day but Today" in Hawaiian, and I'm fairly certain I botched it. Maybe I'll learn something more when I get there.

Remember when the Brady Bunch went to Hawai'i? Bobby found that Tabu necklace in the ancient burial ground, and Peter woke up with a tarantula on his chest, and Greg almost drowned during his surfing competition, and then all 3 boys got kidnapped and kept in the Tiki caves, and the girls didn't do much except worry what to tell their parents when they boys weren't back for dinner. Ahhh, the 70's. Guest-starring Don Ho and Vincent Price. Classic.

So, I leave tomorrow for a couple of days in LA with Ashley, and then straight on to Honolulu on Thursday, where Lena, Rori, Breanna and I plan on lying on the beach (in ascending order of skin tone, so I don't have to look SO white, lol). We might work a little, as well (OK, we unfortunately will be working our a$$es off, but I haven't quite faced that fact just yet).

On June 10, Breanna and I are headed to Maui, where we have big fun planned:
For starters. How we intend to cram all that fun into 4 days of vacation, you might ask? Well, very carefully, is the answer. I promise to post pictures and anecdotes.

After Maui I will be spending a weekend in San Diego with my friends Sloane and Rob, and then I have another week there working with my friends Superman and Wonderwoman. I will be home the 24th of June.

Please call me while I'm gone. I love hearing from you guys, and now have the added bonus of the ringtone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

DOLPHINS?!?!?!?!

I could cry... there better be pictures...

iamchanelle said...

woot! have waaaaaaay too much fun, ok???!!! can't wait for the update.

krysten said...

it sounds so awesome! i can't wait to see everything vicariously...

evanhoyt said...

Dear Jamie,

I miss you. And am watching you. Right. Now.

Love,
Evan

Anonymous said...

mmm, hawaii...much more fun than summer school. will I be getting a present when you return home? :)

Gina said...

I have heard (From more than one person) you must go eat at Mama's Fish House.

http://www.mamasfishhouse.com/

I am so excited for you!