Monday, June 04, 2007

a plug for independent film...

I promise to update about Hawai'i soon (I'm working my ass off but once I'm out of work the world is just a little bit more beautiful here than it is at home) but for now I need to plug a film made by a friend of my Uncle Al's. Dave is an Austin filmmaker and although it has won numerous awards, his film doesn't have the advertising budget of a big summer blockbuster. Please go see it, and tell your friends about it, too.

CHALK is a comedy about new teachers, made by former teachers, and shot in the style of NBC’s ‘The Office.’ 50% of teachers quit within the first three years. This film is dedicated to those who don’t.

Watch the trailer!

Read reviews!!

Do that myspace thang!!!

CHALK is currently playing in...

SAN DIEGO -- Landmark Ken Cinema

ST. LOUIS -- Landmark Tivoli Theatre

AUSTIN -- Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar

AUSTIN -- Regal Arbor

CHICAGO -- Landmark Century Center Cinemas

DALLAS -- Landmark Magnolia

CHALK is coming soon to New York, NY -- June 8 and Atlanta, GA -- June 15.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurray for uncle al (aka my daddy) and go see chalk!

Loretta said...

my good friends wrote this film and if you look closely you can see me in it...

thanks for supporting their work! this film really is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pub, Jamie. I'm sure my buddies will appreciate it. And is Loretta a friend of yours, or did she just run across this on Google? If she's a friend, what a coincidence!