Saturday, June 09, 2007

here today, gone to Maui

Sorry I haven't updated until now. The show sucked and I feel like all I did was work and sleep for the past 10 days (and eat... they are not healthy people, these islanders) but we finally finished yesterday and went to the beach:



It was breathtaking, and those whitecaps you see down there were pretty serious. You know how in the cartoons, when the water makes a fist and just pummels you in the face? Yeah, it was like that. That ocean kicked ass and took names. Ill-named, the Pacific. It knocked me right off my feet, more than once, and I'm pretty sure I never have to eat salt again based on the amount of the sea I ingested this afternoon alone. I also, despite my liberal and frequent applications of SPF 55 (55!), got burnt to a crisp, and at the moment trying to decide if it will be more painful for me to wear a bra and sleeves, or wear a halter top that hits me in all the right un-burned places, but listen to everyone say something to the effect of "Wow, you really got some SUN!" ... as if I wasn't painfully, painfully aware.



I am packing to hop a 35-minute flight to Maui. I am really looking forward to getting off Oahu- about 75% of Hawai'i's 1.2 million people live here in the city and truthfully, I am not impressed with Honolulu in general. I won't have internet access for the next few days, but I'll be back stateside next weekend and will hopefully have lots of pictures and stories for you.

Aloha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty! wish I were there :)

krysten said...

love the "ocean fist" reference, haha!

sorry the show was lame, but hey, now you get to just enjoy hawaii! yip, yip!