Sunday, August 13, 2006

three-ohhh!

I am 30 years old. They say 30 is the new 20. I don't know if that's true or even what that really means, because sometimes I feel very immature and naive and sometimes I feel as though I've lived a thousand years. I worry, a little, that I am not where I should be (or thought I should be) at 30, but overall I am very fond of my little life. Sometimes I am happy, and sometimes I am sad, but I am almost never bored.

It would probably be pretty easy to compile a list of 30 things that I am unhappy about, but I think it is just as easy (and way more beneficial) to make a list of 30 things that make my life truly wonderful. So, in honor of my 30th, I have compiled a list of 30 things (in no particular order) that make my little corner of the world truly and sincerely happy. ("Lists" is a given; I've left it off the list. And a copy of the list, in case anything happens to the first list. *wink*) They may not be much on their own... but life is in the details:

Green olives, the smell of new books, old photographs, television on DVD, my iPod, feeling a sense of wonder, New York City, blogging, the scent of lavender, intimacy. Laughing so hard my stomach hurts, Entertainment Weekly, being woken up by someone I really want to talk to, maps, the laugh of a baby, a really good martini, the dictionary, singing hymns, feeling like part of something larger than I, art museums. Post-it notes, the first sip coffee in the morning, instant messenger, finding inspiration, taking the train, the power of the collective human spirit, observing happy old people, Texas, uncorruptability.

This may not sound like much... but it is. Thank you all for being part of my life.

7 comments:

iamchanelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMIE!!!!!

i hope you have the most incredible day today - lots of love to you, my dear.

love, chanelle

Anonymous said...

HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPYYYYYY
BBBBBBBBBBBIRTHDAY!!!!

:-)

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday to you. May all your wishes come true! :)

krysten said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 is the new 20, eh? I'm not sure what that means either, but i'll take it! ;-)

Dannybrou said...

Happy Birthday Jamie... I love you = )

Anonymous said...

Ain't nothin' wrong with 30. I'll keep you posted how 31 turns out...

LOVE YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am verrry late for this, but still a very happy [belated] birthday, Jamie! Am happy that you are happy. :)

-Shri