Saturday, August 12, 2006

The last day of my 20's....

This morning I went to brunch with my friends Erin & Nathan, Bill, Sandy, and Jessica, at this awesome place called Ozona, where, in addition to some of the finest migas in the land, they have a bloody mary bar with all sorts of mixes and spices and fresh veggies, including green onions and celery and avocado, and even shrimp and fresh horseradish. They just bring you a glass of vodka and you go to town. I LOVE it. Then we went to the Dallas Public Library to hear Harry & the Potters~ which, if you've never heard of them, laugh all you want, but I think they're HILARIOUS and they have a huge cult following of tween fans who actually read books, and plus, I think playing the public library circuit is awesome. They're a progressive punk-rock band who dress like Harry Potter, and play all original songs about the books. I'm not kidding. They have songs like "Save Ginny Weasley" and "Stick it to Delores" and "Luna Lovegood is OK." Their new album is called "Voldemort Can't Stop the Rock"- which, come on, that's hysterical. Maybe a little cheesy, but creative and good fun and again - kids who read books. Thumbs up.

Aaaaand, I got a parking ticket. That's two in two, my friends.

THEN, I came home to three birthday cards and two presents! Yay!!!! Krysten sent me an awesome care package with some lavender soap, a t-shirt, a muddler, lemonheads, and a $10 bill to "buy [myself] a cocktail." How well does this girl know me, huh??? Krys, there was an unfortunate incident with the lemonheads and the 100+ degree heat, but I think it was confined to the ones in the little metal box, so it can be dealt with fairly easily. :) Oh, and I also got an invoice for a t-shirt from Batman & Wonderwoman... but no shirt. Knowing the two of them.... I can't wait to see what it says!

Paaaaarrghty tonight!

4 comments:

krysten said...

oh no! the lemonheads!! hopefully the little tin can be salvaged, that was the cutest part!

and you didnt even MENTION what that $10 LOOKED like...what? no pictures?? do you realize how long it took me to DO that?! hahaha!

(no seriously, it took me like two hours)

krysten said...

oh, and that muddler...is FROM one of the links that you linked to right there...and in that other post you mentioned it in. *wink*

and funny story about that...the FIRST box i got that was to contain the muddler was empty...completely empty. just an invoice taped to the side. i had to call them and get them to send me another one, hoping all the while they weren't looking at me sideways thinking i was trying to scam them out of an extra muddler. luckily i usually compiled my gifts over a matter of weeks, so i had plenty of time to get the replacement. :)

Shelly said...

Yay!!! Have fun tonight!!!!!

Anonymous said...

BATMAN? and wonderwoman?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!