Saturday, August 26, 2006

rednecks & alligators

I really, really hate Florida.

I was here in Orlando last summer when I decided to cut my hair off - and yeah, here I am again, thinking about just frackin' shaving it off. I kinda feel like I look like this. It's 20 degrees cooler than in Dallas, but it's 90% humidity. 90%!!! Blech.

Anyway, I went to my orientation for A&P today and I'm properly freaked. I have four textbooks and just the "Introduction to the Human Body" and that bone & muscle list made me cower under my lab table. Where, by the way, I looked at my own saliva cells at 400x magnification. Weird.

I adored my professor. He was everything you expect a 60-something science professor to be - bespectacled, somewhat befuddled, with an odd sense of humor, and get this- he was actually drinking iced tea out of a beaker. I'm so not kidding. It was ace-high.

Please, someone tell me I'm not going to fail this class.

5 comments:

Brain Diva said...

Ah, physiology and anatomy! That's something I don't miss. (Although I will have to take a brain anatomy exam in the not-so-distant future.)Honestly, Jamie, I think it is just a question of spending a lot of time memorizing the material and looking at diagrams and pictures. I'm sure you can do it. :)

krysten said...

mnemonic devices, baby!!!

Anonymous said...

I would sell my soul to be in Orlando right now. *choked sob*

hello jamie: said...

man, you're going to feel REALLY bad if I perish in Hurricane Ernesto.

Madison has the keys to my apartment - you guys can divvy up my stuff, or sell it to pay off my American Express bill.

Anonymous said...

Oooo, oooo, I want the cool lighted martini sign. That's the coolest thing EVAR!