Monday, October 06, 2008

mememememememe~

It's been a long time since a meme has floated around these parts. I got this one from a livejournal friend Kir, and I am supposed to "tag" people-- so, tag, you're it: I choose (for old times' sake) G, Gennykins, Bee, and then Bruce and Dish. Oh, and Bisch. And Gherkin and Chanelle. Do it, all of you. Make me proud.

1. What do you usually wear to bed, PJs or boxer shorts? boxers

2. What do you do before bedtime? read-- either a magazine or a book I have read before. I can't engross my mind in something new when it's sleepy. Currently my bedtime story is Anne of Green Gables, which I was shocked to find that Charlemagne has never read. Ooooh, Charlemagne, I am tagging you too!!!! You need to blog.

3. What's your favourite colour of ink to write with? blue, and I audit in red (at work... I don't audit anything just for fun)

4. What is the city of your dreams and why? I think I'm living in it. But I certainly wouldn't mind giving Paris a try, because of the coffee and the wine and the cheese and all the art.

5. Who is your guy crush? What am I, 12? OK, fine, David Tennant. Oh look, I am 12! Maybe I'll cut out a photo of him from my Bop! magazine and put it in my locker.

6. When was the last time you checked out a book from the public library, and what was it? I used the Jersey City Public Library for a while when I was unemployed. I don't remember the last book I checked out but I remember stumbling upon Oryx & Crake and it being one of the best books I ever read. I was sad to give it back. I also once checked out Six Days of the Condor (after watching Three Days of the Condor with Uncle and Auntie-- I love that the film version shaved off three days, *snort*) and leaving it at a hotel somewhere in Florida. I had to pay the library $6.40 for it.

7. Ever cheated on someone? No. I never really understood the concept. Like, you're dating a person, and you decide you want to be with someone else, why don't you just break up and be with that person?

8. If the person you secretly like is already attached, what would you do? Pine.

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? My. November. Schedule. Blows.

10. What is your best quality? Ummmm, I am not sure if I am the best person to answer such a question. I think I am generally a pretty thoughtful person (but I'm only in my head, so maybe I'm wrong).

11. What do you wish you could eat right now? Eggs. Hm, I think I will go make some eggs.

12. What are your guilty pleasure shows? Bad Lifetime movies. In fact, my roommate and I have The Fab 5: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal and Coco Chanel, starring Shirley Maclaine, on our DVR. If we are ever home together again we will watch them.

13. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Random strangers who tell you to smile. What is UP with that?

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? Kir, that Great Frosted Flake, didn't really tag me, but I stole this from her LJ anyway.

15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? Daisy... Daisy, what is your answer to? I'm half crazy, all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage... I can't afford a carriage, but you'd look sweet, upon the seat of a bicycle built for two... after seeing a couple on a tandem in the Park yesterday. Sang it all the way home.

16. What’s your favourite item of clothing? My green Chuck Taylors. Dude, I can't believe I've had them for over 2 years!

17. How do you see yourself? Sleepy.

18. What's the first thing you notice in people? Posture, or how they carry themselves. Random?

19. Would you bungee jump from the Empire State Building for $10,000,000? $10 million? Yes, yes I would. I might pee myself on the way down, but I could buy some new pants (and dignity) with my $10 million.

20. What were your parents going to name you if you'd been born the opposite gender? Jamie, probably. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paris?! Even I won't protect them. Whenever I visit, they are simply mean individuals. The wine, cheese, and food in general do not makeup for discourteous citizens.

Kelly said...

Whatever. The Coco Chanel movie was awesome. It was not bad!

Nana Erin said...

1. What do you usually wear to bed, PJs or boxer shorts? An old tee shirt. See Flight of the Concords “Business Time”

2. What do you do before bedtime? Read. A magazine, a book, a catolouge. I don’t care. Maybe 10 minutes, maybe an hour.

3. What's your favourite colour of ink to write with? Blue. (Pentel Energel, 0.7 needle tip, plzkthnks)

4. What is the city of your dreams and why? I have no idea. Everywhere seems great when you don’t live there.

5. Who is your guy crush? CHUCK BASS.

6. When was the last time you checked out a book from the public library, and what was it? When I lived in Marshall. I hate the library. I hate being told how long I have to read a book and I hate giving it back.

7. Ever cheated on someone? Everyone I ever dated before Nathan. I got bored easily and was too lazy to break up with people.

8. If the person you secretly like is already attached, what would you do? Not like them.

9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? Lots.

10. What is your best quality? I have no idea

11. What do you wish you could eat right now? Cadbury Eggs

12. What are your guilty pleasure shows? Privileged and 90210

13. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Poor people, immigrants, Republicans, Sarah Palin

14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? Jamie is necessary.

15. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? “Oh poor you…with all your records that have broken in two. Does she get a little, excited, don’t hide it. I’ve heard the screaming in the dead of the night. Life too long for you to get it wrong. I know your girlfriend hates me” _ For like 2 weeks.

16. What’s your favourite item of clothing? My seven jeans. So comfortable

17. How do you see yourself? I’m working on it.

18. What's the first thing you notice in people? What they are wearing.

19. Would you bungee jump from the Empire State Building for $10,000,000?
Yes. I like money.

20. What were your parents going to name you if you'd been born the opposite gender? I have never asked, but I assume Edwin, as that is what they named the boy after me.


ALSO, Kelly is right about the CC Movie.

Anonymous said...

13. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? Random strangers who tell you to smile. What is UP with that?

WORD!!!! THOSE PEOPLE NEED TO DIE.
~GOETZ

RedCircleLine said...

i was always one of those people who is tempted by this sort of meme, and by blogging (i've started and abandoned at least 5 along the way). i do like the concept, but until i'm grown up enough to find time to do laundry and dishes before both have become disastrously unpleasant, then i'm going to have to refrain from adding any leisure activities...
and, those are very snappy shoes, btw.

Karen said...

I'm on it! (Love the song stuck in your head, and the reasoning, btw)