Tuesday, October 28, 2008

middle of the night update

I know it's not ACTUALLY the middle of the night. It's 6:40am. (And for some of you, it's an hour or two or three later than that.) But I've been awake since 4am, and it's still dark, and it feels like the middle of the night. "Why have you been up since 4am, Jamie?" you might ask. "Why have you been awake since 4am when you went to sleep at 11, and the night before only had 4 hours of sleep? Why?" And the answer is I HAVE NO IDEA AND I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT.

GRRRR. I'm tired! I haven't been in my own bed in 12 nights, and all I wanted to do was crawl into my nice clean sheets, sleep late, and enjoy a nice 8 hours of rest. (Yes, sleeping "late" for me is like 7 or 8. So that's why at 6:40, I'm just giving up and getting up.) (Do you think I make too many parenthetical asides?)

Thanks, Superman and Scotticus, for the math help. I think I got it now. I've moved on into the geometry/trig section, which was always sort of my specialty, so I'm feeling a lot more secure in my mathmatical abilities now.

I'm so happy to be home! Brian and I wanted to go to Zuni last night but they are closed on Mondays, which was unfortunate. We ended up at a really awesome wine bar in Hayes Valley with some vinho verde, the best %^$*#@! triple-cream brie I've ever had in my life (yes, it warranted cursing; that's how good it was), and a long conversation debating Blanche Devareaux and Blanche Dubois, and which one is from Golden Girls and which one is from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. It ended with my calling in back-up, and discovering that neither Devareaux nor Dubois is from Cat, but rather from Streetcar. So, thanks Gherkin, for being my phone-a-friend, but I lost the bet and had to pay for the wine, so next time could you just side with me? He'd never remember to look it up later.

3 comments:

Dannybrou said...

next time cha cha it. test the question to 242242. so easy!

I think I told you about it.

Anonymous said...

That's weird, I had similar conversation...only it was Delta Burke versus Deltha O'Neal...and the conversation took place in my head.
In any event, I still can't recall who invented the Delta faucet.
Cheers,
Scotticus

Unknown said...

just for the record, the other lead characters on GG:
Sophia Petrillo
Dorothy Zbornak
Rose Nyland
Come on! we don't mess around with golden girls trivia, woman.