Friday, October 24, 2008

mini-vacation

I know, I know. I haven't updated in FOREVER. I've been in LA for over a week, and been pretty seriously busy. I'm staying the weekend with my lovely friend Charlamagne, and having my own little mini-vaction. I spent the morning at the hotel doing laundry and packing and such, an since she's in law school, I spent the afternoon truly relaxing at her place-- way more so than I would have at my own house, because there I would have felt guilty for not being more productive with chores, etc. I did a couple of sudoku puzzles, read the breakfast issue of Saveur (nomnomnom), played on the internet, caught up on Pushing Daisies (utterly charming), and when C. got home from school, we ate olives, made these potatoes, dear LORD, they were amazing, drank wine, and caught up on girl talk. It was the most delightful day I could have imagined.

This morning I went out for coffee and walked around her neighborhood for a while. It's really nice here. I'm going to do some more lying around, read, take my sweet time enjoying a light lunch and probably catch an afternoon movie... and I think we're going out for Indian tonight. Isn't vacation delightful??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

big fan of pushing daisies! which reminds me...if you haven't seen it yet, you MUST watch "miss pettigrew lives for a day"....fantasically adorable!
~goetz