Wednesday, June 11, 2008

there's no place like home

OK, so, I flew in yesterday, dropped my bags, and went straight to the movie-house to see Prince Caspian (I liked, but heard it didn't do very well at the box office, which makes me fear the release of Voyage of the Dawn Treader, my favourite of the set), then met the work gang at Annabelle's for nachos. THEN after everyone had thrown back a few, they decided (ibym "they".... "we") to go OUT, and subsequently I didn't get home until 1am. And glory, I have to go to the dentist in an hour.

Great news, though, I am HOME for 10 whole days. That's 10 days of not working, not traveling, getting to eat my own food and sleep in my own bed and watch my own TV and get my own stuff done. And let me tell you, I have a very specific to-do list, so there is sadly not a lot of time for lollygagging. I'm going to post it here and hopefully my lovely friends and fans will prod me to finish it before I go back to work on the 20th. Expect daily progress reports!

  • book my July plane ticket
  • book Danael's plane ticket to come see me, whooop!
  • buy Father's Day gift
  • send Mother's Day gift *palms head*
  • make Pat cookies (my next show is our General Freight Foreman's last show before retirement)
  • get a CA driver's license
  • finish 2 books
  • get new jeans hemmed
  • buy a bicycle
  • go to 7 yoga classes
  • **************** (a secret one that I don't want to tell anyone about until I know its outcome)
  • figure out what the frack is wrong with my trackpad and fix it, already
And then, of course, the normal just-got-home stuff like updating my sidebar (done!), laundry, groceries, catching up on TV, etc. Chanelle will be excited to learn I bought a Bay Area food wheel so I can start eating more seasonally/locally. Which means I need to do a little meal planning before I go to the market. Which reminds me, I am starving.

OH! And I totally forgot to tell you guys- after all my celebrity sightings, I got off the airplane in Oakland yesterday and walked right onto a movie set. Like, right onto it-- the people in front of me in the cab line as I'm digging through my bag for my sunglasses were all, "Hey, are you looking for a cab? Because these aren't real; you're on a movie set."

Moron.

4 comments:

Lena said...

Agh! So how was the movie?? I came close to tears with the Chronicles of Narnia..I read it so much as a kid and it was everything I imagined in my mind! I'm looking forward to seeing Prince Caspian!

Anonymous said...

It's spelled moran, moran. And no, I haven't been getting notice of updates to your blog. Maybe the stuff this morning will make it all better.

RedCircleLine said...

what, pray tell, are Pat cookies? and, the movie set/cab thing is *totally* something i would do.

dw said...

Welcome home! So what two books are you looking to read while you're off?