Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Jenny, I got your number

This morning I had a missed call from 918-375-2671. No voice mail, so I googled it and got almost 300 hits, most of them referencing a car warranty extension. I'm on the National Do Not Call Registery so I'm a bit peeved that this jackass still got my number somehow.

I went out last night with the lovely and talented Charlemagne and we had a blast. There was manchego and artichoke flatbread and parmesan tots and sauteed aspirations (really, it was broccoli-- pretentious much, Los Angeles?) and lemon drop martinis and then there was bread pudding with buttermilk ice cream and blackberries and then there were chocolate martinis and then I remembered that I am way too old to drink like that and then attempt to come to work the next morning. But it was still super-duper fun and I can't wait to do it again!!

In other news, this show is shaping up (so to speak) to be a bigger clusterfrack than the last one, and I just beat my head against my desk and wonder what I did to deserve this. Surely I am being punished for something?! And then in other news, I finally have most of my summer schedule so I can start planning things like a visit from Bruce and a birthday frienaissance (is this part duex or trois?) with Krysten, Chanelle, and the darling Dr. Barclay. I think Amy will be joining us this year as well. If all goes according to my master evil plan, Jamie's Lemontastic Birthday will eventually be the biggest destination party of the century!!!! No Scurvy 2008!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...manchego. My favorite cheese. Plus, it's from the same place as Don Quixote. Close second: smoked gouda.
And wow, just looking at the Lemontastic Birthday link made the back of my jaw get that weird soury feeling. I had to have a mango altoid to avoid my jaw feeling teased.
Cheers,
Scotticus

The Bagboy said...

Can I point out the unintentional irony where you call LA pretentious for calling broccoli "aspirations" in the same sentence that you talk about "artichoke flatbread" and "parmesan tots"? Good times.

hello jamie: said...

How'd you know it was unintentional?

iamchanelle said...

mmmm, lemons. hurry up and get here already! i'll just have to have a lemon drop martini...or amaretto sour...you know, while i wait....


;)


friends don't let friends get scurvy!!!

Anonymous said...

"if i wanted something your thumb touched, i'd eat the inside of your ear!"
thanks for linking to me, kid. hopefully we'll actually make it up to SF this august and you can show me the joys of your little town! somewhere between august 4-10-- think you'll be in town?
charlemagne