Friday, February 29, 2008

words... words... words

Kristie Brooks is in town and we are having an absolute blast. Yesterday we went to yoga, had brunch in Cole Valley, walked the length of Haight Street (from Ashbury to Market), had a drink at Olive in the Tenderloin, stopped at Brian's place downtown to admire the view, and walked to the Castro for a stellar meal at a restaurant called Eureka. Then we came home and watched LOST (!!!!!) and as we were going to sleep I was reading an old EW, and came across a blurb about a DVD coming out called "The Air that I Breathe," and I'm pretty sure I've never laughed that hard in my life. (Not without Bruce and a coke machine, anyway.)

I'd like to preface this blurb with a disclaimer that I have not seen this movie, have never heard of this movie, and did not bother to look the plot up, so I have no idea how accurate the writer's description is. However, just the words "Sarah Michelle Gellar weeps as a sad rock star with a rare blood type whose career is under the thumb of Andy Garcia as a mean gangster named Fingers" and "Forrest Whitaker blubbers hysterically as an office drone who robs a bank" made me laugh so hard I cried. I mean.... seriously? SERIOUSLY? It just might be this year's Holiday in Handcuffs.

In other news, I got my nose stud swapped out for a tiny hoop, and who saw LOST last night??? A Desmond-centered episode wrapped around time-travel? I looooooooved it! It almost made up for last week's Kate Klunker(tm). Squeeeeeee!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

last night's ep was a good one! hope they can keep it up for the rest of the show...

Anonymous said...

It was very Slaughterhouse Five.

And you'd have to have a heart of stone not to tear up during the Penny/Des call.

Still confused about the last shot though. I need to watch it again.

krysten said...

ok so first, i am SO excited that we are going to go to Olive because i am dying to have their Rose Petal Martini!! omg.

and then about LOST, i totally didnt notice that Kate was the center of that episode because HELLOOOOO Sawyer in his boxers. *dies*

and um, is it wrong that i totally did NOT get emotional during the phone call between penny and desmond? i did think it was really really well done and i loved that part, but a heart of stone i must have.

and yeah, i'm not sure if i'm supposed to pull something really big out of the note in faradays journal or if that was just supposed to be the a-ok that things must have worked out for des...

did i mention the part about sawyer without a shirt or pants on?? i did? ok.

ps - ELEVEN DAYS!!

Anonymous said...

RE: the movie.
Do the credits include Bill Paxton? If so, it may just be HiH 2. (notable exeption, Weird Science)
RE: LOST.
I love that we're now altering the time/space continuum with an ultraviolet lamp. I can't stop watching now, though, I'm still hooked (and too invested). And I hope Kraft never goes out of business, because my constant might just be Mac & Cheese.

Cheers to ya.